megsybeth

Is There A Board Or A Thread For Moms Of Special Needs Kids?

Rate this topic

I know a lot of us with celiac and celiac/gluten averse kids also have children with special needs. Is there a board for us? I'd love to hear from people going through what I'm going through and especially from those who've been where I've been and seen a brighter side. I was diagnosed with celiac just two weeks ago and I believe my four-year-old has celiac (that's why I was tested). He also has speech delays and motor delays. It's really a lot right now. Today his preschool teacher told me that he would probably do better with a shadow teacher in the class because he's so distracted and needs help engaging with other kids. It's just a lot right now.

If there's not a board to talk about this, I'd love to hear from other moms and dads here. I really hope the gluten-free diet will help my little boy somewhat, but I don't want to get too hopeful.

Parents of Celiacs really notice a change after going gluten free. Little ones with delays and failure to thrive have snapped back quickly and have a rapid growth on a gluten free diet. Topics get started on specific issues and adult Celiacs even chime in from their own childhood experiences with these difficulties.