Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LadyCeliac

And So It Begins

Here are my thyroid tests and results:

T4 TOTAL THYROXIN: 12.7 (H)

T UPTAKE: 0.75

FREE THYROXIN INDEX: 9.5

TSH, HIGH-SENSITIVITY: 2.978

T4 FREE: 1.31

T3 TOTAL (TRIIODGHYRONINE): 1.94 (H)

MICROSOMAL AB (ANTI-TPO AB): 18.3

I'm not sure what they all mean :(

My goodness...you are fast!

If you look at the report, the lab should give a reference range also, stating what the normal range for each test should be. Can you find and post those? Every lab has different ranges so these are important to know.

Quickly looking at what you have posted, your TSH is on the higher side. Many docs will treat the thyroid with a TSH over 2.00. I am hypo-thyroid, with symptoms, at the TSH you tested at.

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

Hi!   Sorry no one had your exact symptoms.  Do you have celiac disease?  Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease that attacks the small intestine.  Once destroyed digesting foods can be difficult because enzymes can not be released, et...
    Sorry, but I am not familiar with those tests.  They are not standard for celiac disease testing which does require you to be on a full gluten diet months before a blood draw or weeks before an endoscopy.   Your symptoms could be celiac di...
    Did you have any positives on the celiac blood tests?  Small intestinal damage can be spotty since it is larger than the size of a tennis court!   If you went on an elimination diet, you probably avoided foods that you had intolerances t...