This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Board Upgrade - Please Report Bugs

Scott Adams

Scott Adams Grand Master

Please let me know if you see bugs with the new upgrade. The biggest issue is "Cannot Connect to Server" when you try to do anything. Please report such issues here.

Oh, you may not be able to post here, but you might still be able to PM me about errors...feel free to do so.

Thank you!

Scott

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GFinDC Veteran

Not an error, but a request. The thread post text is very light and low contrast now. It would be easier to read if it had more contrast or was darker text.

Being able to read the thread during replies is a real nice change! :)

Expermienting with changing text color to make it more readable. (bolded)

Expermienting with changing text color to make it more readable.

I think the blue works best. Bold font would work well too.

Jestgar Rising Star

Yes. Darker text would be lovely. Also, the Multiquote and quote buttons look blurry.

I like the 'turn off signature' option.

Jestgar Rising Star

Alos, speel chek kno llonger werks. Ie jusht chkt mai brouser and iht haz spelchick chekt.

(Firefox)

Takala Enthusiast

I hate it when websites show their "new and improved" version as smaller print, lighter in color, with a more busy background and even more avatars scattered around. And now there is a doubled headed thing to the left of this reply box which seems to say I am a couple or a two headed turtle, and I am posed with a male borg-type creature, with no eyes, nose, or mouth. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

I couldn't get on the site all day and way into last night, so at least I've been reconnected to the Mother Ship. The icon "smiley faces" :unsure: selection is not as clear, crisp and sharp as it used to be. They could stand to be spread out, also. They look a bit smaller, but I'm not sure of that.

On the plus side, the text I am typing right now in this box is readable.

Looking at another page, it seems that the "member since" information under each avatar box on the left to each post is also missing.

Scott Adams Grand Master

I'll look into these. If you need the spell checker try using the Google Chrome browser (it is free), as the browser's spell check features are working in Chrome.S

Scott

Lisa Mentor

When clicking on the box (with the pencil through it) to find new posts since my last view, there seems to be an exaggerated delay.

Spell check would be great option, that I depend upon. :wacko:

And I too would like a darker print image.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast

Not a bug . . . just an asthetic kinda thing . . . and I hope I can explain this . . .

The "box" that all these posts are in looks undersized. It looks like it should be the same size as the "box" that the header is in which would provide room for margins. The right justification/left justification in this "box" is right on the edge with no margin . . . did that make sense?

I agree on the blurry looking MultiQuote/Quote buttons . . . color change?

I like being able to see the previous posts (even when I'm quoting someone).

I like being able to see how many and who are following a thread . . . maybe that was around before and I just didn't know it ;)

I like that the search function can be confined to just a thread or just a forum.

Jestgar Rising Star

really like the preview button. The tags are interesting too. Is that new? Or did no one ever use them before?

psawyer Proficient

The tags are new. Not yet sure how to take advantage of the feature as a poster, or as a searcher.

The preview was there, but it was really hard to find--you had to hover your pointer over the topic title and then slide right where there were some dimmed icons, one of which was the preview. It is now easy to find.

For those of you who used the little green dot icon for information about the poster, or who wondered when they joined or were last active: hover your pointer over the poster's name at the top of the post (not the photo in the post). A pop-up will appear with (among other things) the member's join date and last active time, and a button to send a message.

Scott Adams Grand Master

I have been told that email board notifications will begin again once you have marked your watched topics as read (past tense). I assume that if you mark the entire board as read all email notifications will begin again.

Take care,

Scott

ncdave Apprentice

I would also like the darker text, at least i can find my liked content now. I never could find my subscriptions. As for spell check everyone allready knows i can"t spell :D

Oh an scott, i almost forgot. thanks for a website that has practlly saved my life. dave

Scott Adams Grand Master

Please use the Chrome browser if you want the spell checker...it works in Chrome.

Scott

Jestgar Rising Star

switching browsers would require me to somehow remember a password I set up ages ago

Scott Adams Grand Master

I just darkened the fonts, if you don't see this try the refresh key. Also, the lost password feature works should you want spell checking bad enough to switch browsers.

Scott

Jestgar Rising Star

Much easier to read! Thank you!

I think I'll just stick with questionable spelling. It'll keep me from becoming too reliant on technology.

GFinDC Veteran

I just darkened the fonts, if you don't see this try the refresh key. Also, the lost password feature works should you want spell checking bad enough to switch browsers.

Scott

Yay! Thanks Scott, much better indeed! :D

VydorScope Proficient

I have been told that email board notifications will begin again once you have marked your watched topics as read (past tense). I assume that if you mark the entire board as read all email notifications will begin again.

Take care,

Scott

Dumb question... how do I do that (make whole board read)? :D

mushroom Proficient

Way down at the bottom left it says "Mark Community Read" :)

psawyer Proficient

There are no dumb questions. Dumb answers--well, I'm not going there. :o

mushroom Proficient

There are no dumb questions. Dumb answers--well, I'm not going there. :o

You implying somethink?? :ph34r:

psawyer Proficient

You implying somethink?? :ph34r:

Sheesh! No! What I meant was that any question where the person did not know was not "dumb." Some answers are not helpful but that was a general observation and was not meant to e a reference to anything in this or any other topic here on the forum. I was a paraphrase of something I heard many times from one of my high school teachers.

Takala Enthusiast

I see darker print !!! I'm not really going blind after all. Just age related cranky. Thanks !

Safari seems to have spell checker wurking. For some wurds, not udders.

switching browsers would require me to somehow remember a password I set up ages ago

Somewhere there is a Password Valhalla, where old passwords go to the Summerlands. The password hints go to the meadows of Folkvanger which is ruled by the Norsk goddess Freyja, who keeps asking the new arrivals the maiden name of their browser. :lol:

VydorScope Proficient

Way down at the bottom left it says "Mark Community Read" :)

Great thanks!

mushroom Proficient

Sheesh! No! What I meant was that any question where the person did not know was not "dumb." Some answers are not helpful but that was a general observation and was not meant to e a reference to anything in this or any other topic here on the forum. I was a paraphrase of something I heard many times from one of my high school teachers.

HaHa, got you going there, didn't I?? :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist :P

Archived