cindylou7

Stress Response Or Accidental Glutening

Rate this topic

Has anyone experienced symptoms of a glutening during times of stress without actually ingesting gluten? I feel like I've been glutened, but I have been very careful. I am under a ton of stress and I just can't tell.

It's possible you have IBS as well. A lot of symptoms are similar to coeliac disease. Stress causes IBS and a high fibre diet can rectify it over time. I know from personal experience that it's more difficult getting fibre when you are celiac or gluten/wheat intolerant, but it is possible.

IBS is a catchterm for something that causes irritation from the bowel.

Stress can cause many things and its very likely the culprit. I know if i get stressed out too much i'll get "D"

Thanks for your replies. I have been diagnosed with IBS, but i think it was stress. It resolved itself rather quickly. If it were gluten related it typically lasts longer than this one did. I think the damage to the bowel makes it so super sensitive that every little thing creates a big problem!

Hi Cindy, I know your post is a month old, but I was wondering the same thing. I came here and did a search before posting. I swear I have not been glutened, or contamainated by other things I am sensitive to, but I am under severe stress and suffering as if I have eaten the wrong thing. I am on day 3, and not feeling a lot better.

Did you go on to feel better? Did your stress go away first?