This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Thread For gluten-free, Dairy, Soy, Corn And Nightshade Free Recipes

AnnJay

GottaSki Mentor

Grilled Ahi - by one very happy fisherman

Spaghetti Squash with pesto for me

gluten-free pasta with butter, parm and garlic for my men

Fried apples a la Bunnie for all :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Grilled Ahi - by one very happy fisherman

Spaghetti Squash with pesto for me

gluten-free pasta with butter, parm and garlic for my men

Fried apples a la Bunnie for all :)

HAHAHAHAA!!!!!! They're addictive, aren't they? I throw in tons of cinnamon and nutmeg.

Although 'a la Bunnie' kinda sounds like I'm being roasted on a spit.... :ph34r:

GottaSki Mentor

HAHAHAHAA!!!!!! They're addictive, aren't they? I throw in tons of cinnamon and nutmeg.

Although 'a la Bunnie' kinda sounds like I'm being roasted on a spit.... :ph34r:

Never!

I also use a lot of cinnamon and last night the nutmeg got added in - going to increase it next time - which may be this afternoon - not addictive at all :rolleyes:

AnnJay Apprentice

Black eye peas cooked with gluten-free smoked sausage

Collard greens and bacon

Both cooked in chicken stock

I also made pasta for a group. I cooked my rice pasta and defrosted a carrot sauce. Everyone else had regular pasta and tomato sauce. Oh, and I made meatballs for everyone.

My apple dessert of late is to combine it with dates and nuts. It tastes like a taffy apple!

Today I will freeze some of the above meals and I'm wondering what to cook next?

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

Making unstuffed egg rolls today. Too lazy to get out the rice paper wrappers and fry.

Brown ground chicken and break up as it cooks. Add a package of cole slaw cabbage and wilt. Spinkle with salt and generous amount of garlic powder. Serve with sauce drizzled over. Sauce is a bit of pineapple juice mixed with vinegar, cane sugar, and water. Thickened with a bit of GMO free corn starch.

AnnJay Apprentice

Yesterday I made pizza! The almond-coconut-egg crust covered with a garlic sauce and topped with artichokes and mushrooms was delicious! I did include a bit of grated mozzarella cheese, as I can have a bit of dairy now and again without the rash appearing. I just ate some again for breakfast. YUM!

The kids ate regular cheese pizza with tomato sauce. It looked delicious.

Tonight I'll be cooking chicken soup with some pastina for the kids.

missy'smom Collaborator

Great thread, I will have to come back and contribute! for tonight I am off to an event/dinner which I am being accommodated at but I made these brownies which are waiting for me when I get home since I have to skip the ones provided. Open Original Shared Link I use my own special flour blend free of potato and tapioca starch because of other allergies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AnnJay Apprentice

Oh I almost forgot to post about another discovery. It's so easy and tasty! Pork tenderloin cubed in the crock pot with apples, oranges, garlic, some coconut flakes, raisins, and a scant half cup of coconut milk. Oh, and curry, lots of curry. It was soooooooo good! It tasted sweet to me, something I've been craving, but my DH did not think it was sweet. The original recipe called for chicken bouillon for flavor and then some kind of thickener to make a gravy. I just omitted both. Gluten and corn starch problem solved, haha!

Also, I found a garlic sauce, Lebanese style, that is delicious! We ate it with the chicken from the chicken soup tonight. A head of garlic, chopped, some salt, 1/2 cup lemon juice, and 1-1/2 cups of oil mixed with the immersion blender. It fluffs up like mayonnaise but is better for hot foods. And it's another sauce, another flavor profile to add to the parade of veggies with meat.

missy'smom Collaborator

Sorry my contributions are not always grain-free since I have nut and seed allergy and I need the few grains I have left for dietary balance but I have many grain allergies as well. Hope that it's ok to share things that are not grain-free, all my food is free of the others.

Today I had Whole Foods meat case bulk sausage as patties for my Breakfast, with part of a satumaimo-Japanese purple skinned-yellow fleshed sweet potato with a little ghee on it.

Here is a "sauce" recipe I use on fish or chicken.

Salsa Verde(not my choice of names)

1/2 c. finely chopped parsley

1/2 c. olive oil

3 Tb. capers, drained and chpped

1 Tb. lemon juice

1 tsp. fresh oregano or 1/3 dried

1 glove garlic, minced

salt to taste

Mix. Will keep 3 days in the fredge, press plastic wrap to cover the surface.

missy'smom Collaborator

What do you all have for breakfast? as your carb/starch I am getting tired of pumpkin, cranberries and apples in things. I have a few muffin recipes that are corn, potato and tapioca-free, by alteration, originally or use very little starch compared to most. I could share if anyone wanted. I often have mufffins, but as I said, tired of the same old recipes. I also have steel cut oatmeal or leftover squash or sweet potato, occasionally a bowl of rice with some kale sprinkled on top. I don't eat eggs unless thay are an ingredient in baked goods so that makes breakfast a bit more challenging.

GottaSki Mentor

I do eat eggs with fresh vegies and leftover meat most mornings - the other mornings are paleo pumpkin or apple muffins/breads made with coconut flour.

In a hurry I eat apple slices with almond butter.

When I was not yet grain free I frequently ate rice or quinoa in the morning with a bit of cinnamon and apples.

I've also heard a lot of people that can tolerate oats make oatmeal cookies with dates, nuts or raisins to keep in the freezer for quick breakfast/snack food.

Perhaps search paleo pancakes to find some recipes that should fit your restrictions.

ncdave Apprentice

For breakfast i have a banana smoothie, 1 banana 1 tabl spoon honey a little coconut milk an ice in the blender.

Bumble Bee brand very low sodium solid white albacore (in the gold can) is a good source for Gluten-free Corn-free tuna.

GottaSki Mentor

Broccoli Soup - friend of mine sent me a recipe that used roux to thicken the soup - used sweet potato instead - worked great :)

Roast Chicken

Brown Rice (for my men)

Eggs removed from diet this past weekend - last high lectin food. Smoothies or meat/vegies for breakfast now too.

ncdave Apprentice

Flounder caught right where my sig pic was taken, cooked on the electric grill, lightly salted with non iodized salt an olive oil. Baked sweet potato. Today i"m going to try an start making my own fermented veggies. I been reading about it, an its really supossed to multiply the vitimans content.

GottaSki Mentor

Flounder caught right where my sig pic was taken, cooked on the electric grill, lightly salted with non iodized salt an olive oil. Baked sweet potato. Today i"m going to try an start making my own fermented veggies. I been reading about it, an its really supossed to multiply the vitimans content.

Hi Dave-

How did your fermenting go? I tried gaps diet awhile back and couldn't tolerate the fermented vegies required. Wondering if you were able to eat them.

Also wanted to add my Chocolate Mousse Like Substance to this thread - I've been fiddling with it for at least a month - last night was the best - yummy:

1/2 cup melted coconut oil

1/3 cup cocoa

1/3 cup almond butter

1/3 cup agave

1/2 - 1 cup almond milk - still playing with this a bit

1 tsp vanilla

Blend well in blender - have not had the same results using a wisk or mixer.

Fill custard cups - refrigerate a few hours till set.

If you can't tolerate almond milk - coconut milk works too.

For these recipes I make simple almond milk with just almonds and water in blender - without the straining step used when you drink almond milk.

ncdave Apprentice

I tried keifer with probotics twice an got sick, i then tried there coconut milk with probotics an got sick again. I"m a little hard headed, but i kept reading that i needed them!!! I"m kind of scared to try the ferminited veggies, but i will. Still have not made any or decided which kind of veggies i want to use. I do not care much for cabbage so thinking of trying something differant.

Today i"m having collard greens, sweet potatoes, an fresh pork neckbones cooked in the pressure cooker.

I"ve only been 4 weeks corn free an the differance in my life is unbelivable, I"m trying to reintroduce some foods back into my diet. So far so good. I"m just taking it slow an enjoying not being so sick.

AnnJay Apprentice

Nc Dave, fermented cabbage, or Kim Chee, tastes differently than straight up cabbage, IMHO. Guess you could also try sauerkraut? I haven't found any yet that is gluten, etc., free, but I also haven't looked very hard. Bigos stew, or polish hunters stew, is cooked with sauerkraut and sausage, along with mushrooms and some other things. These might be options for you?

For Thanksgiving I made two paleo pumpkin pies. One with a walnut crust, one with mixed nuts. Both were good and I was happy to be able to eat dessert! The custard was made with fresh roast pumpkin, coconut milk, and honey.

For breakfast lately, I've been eating lots of vegetables, sometimes with an egg, sometimes with bacon, or other meat, always Carmelized a bit.

Tonight for dinner we had a pork stew cooked in the crock pot, made with apples, oranges, garlic, onion, curry, raisins, and cubed pork tenderloin. I served it atop quinoa and sautéed asparagus for a side. I LOVE this stew! It is both sweet and savory, and really tasty on a cool weather day.

• 2 weeks later...
dreacakes Rookie

I have tons of recipes on my pintrest page... but the admins will probably ding me if I post the link, so PM me if you want it!

Here are my favs:

Coconut pizza crust:

Open Original Shared Link

Zuchinni Noodles:

And of course I eat lots of bone broth... the food of the gods! lol

I made an amazing sweet potato, cauliflower, onion, cabbage, grassfed beef stew w/ bone broth last night for dinner.

I also just got some beets to make this drink:

Has anyone tried it?

Skittles Enthusiast

I haven't even read any of these posts yet but I just want to say what I good idea this was to make this post! Thank you :)

Hi all,

It seems that once going gluten-free many of us find other problems arise. The above list (gluten-free, dairy, soy, corn, and nightshade free) seems to be a common one, along with totally grain free. Can we start a thread of recipes and meal suggestions that follow these restrictions?

GottaSki Mentor

Thanks for the bump Skittles!

I've been posting in the "what's for dinner"

not sure if I shared how to make awesome vanilla "ice cream" -- have improved it and made blueberry "ice cream" last week - YUM

that and have a few more sauces I'll try to update soon :)

Can't think straight tonight....

Skittles Enthusiast

Can you share your recipe for your sweet and sour pork dish?

GottaSki, thanks for the sauce rec! Good idea I'm going to have to do that.

How did the pie work out?

I still have to make a practice paleo pie soon in preparation for our Thanksgiving dinner. I made a Caramel Pecan Bar with basically pecans and dates. There were a few tablespoons of coconut milk, and that seemed ok for me so I bought more. Lots of recipes are calling for coconut milk in place of dairy. Homemade cashew milk can be too nutty for the other flavors sometimes.

Yesterday I made a crock pot sweet/sour pork dish. It was a made up recipe, based on BBQ but without any tomatoes. I did, however, use chili powder spices. That may have hit my stomach in a bad way? I'll have to see what happens tomorrow.

Confession: oh, I've been a bad girl. All that Halloween candy in front of me, tempting me, how much can a girl take? Then a new candy showed up, attractively packaged, of a snickers bar with almonds instead of peanuts. It said gluten free. But it did have soy, corn, and probably dairy, basically almost everything on my list to avoid. I savored that candy in 3 tiny bites! And woke up hurting a little. Tonight, I think I'll just have wine, LOL!

Skittles Enthusiast

I would love your muffin recipes please! I need something new for breakfast

What do you all have for breakfast? as your carb/starch I am getting tired of pumpkin, cranberries and apples in things. I have a few muffin recipes that are corn, potato and tapioca-free, by alteration, originally or use very little starch compared to most. I could share if anyone wanted. I often have mufffins, but as I said, tired of the same old recipes. I also have steel cut oatmeal or leftover squash or sweet potato, occasionally a bowl of rice with some kale sprinkled on top. I don't eat eggs unless thay are an ingredient in baked goods so that makes breakfast a bit more challenging.

AnnJay Apprentice

Can you share your recipe for your sweet and sour pork dish?

Oh well it didn't turn out so well. I did use chili powder and hoped that the nightshade connection wouldn't be so strong. But it upset my stomach. I don't think I have it written down anywhere now. It wasn't so great. I'll have to try again with some cider vinegar and honey. Sorry to disappoint.

But thanks for joining us here! We can always use new food ideas!

Yesterday I made a bread recipe from everyday paleo. It's basically almond butter n eggs. It's pretty good. It's just too easy to eat too many nuts with these paleo recipes.

Eva Bee Newbie

Hey everyone! I'm so excited to have found this thread! I had no idea this combination of allergies was common - let's unite!

I'm also a chef so this makes things both easier and harder. I cook all day so I'm not always thrilled to have to cook my own food, however it helps because I can improvise meals to taste great with all my experience. I'll surely be posting what I come up with.

I'm going to try and make a gluten free dairy free mac and cheese. Been craving comfort food!

Does anyone know if sorghum flour is just as bad as say buckwheat/corn? I've been straying from my diet so I'm not sure if it's because I ate a bunch of pizza made of sorghum/tapioca or not.. hmm

Breakfast: almond yoghurt smoothie with blueberries and mango

Lunch: roasted parsnips and squash with Serbian chevaps with a peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie (sorghum)

Dinner: Miso, Chicken and Kale soup with Vermicelli

Eva Bee Newbie

Making unstuffed egg rolls today. Too lazy to get out the rice paper wrappers and fry.

Brown ground chicken and break up as it cooks. Add a package of cole slaw cabbage and wilt. Spinkle with salt and generous amount of garlic powder. Serve with sauce drizzled over. Sauce is a bit of pineapple juice mixed with vinegar, cane sugar, and water. Thickened with a bit of GMO free corn starch.

Have you tried frying rice wraps? I've been wanting to try that but I'm not sure how that would turn out... What I also see in my local Chinatown stores are beancurd sheets.. now I'm supposed to avoid legumes and beans as well but I'm just wondering if I could use rice paper instead!

Archived