Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alucard4545

Discrimination Against Celiacs?

I have no idea if she can fulfil her contract. I guess maybe I think it is good for people to back her up but not good when people attack her without knowing the facts.

I hate to see people attacked, especially if they have a cr**y disease which is different for all of us.

If a person cannot do the job they are hired to do, there is a legitimate cause to reconsider their employment. In some jobs, arrangements can be made; however, I could see this being much more difficult for an actress/actor on a show. A hit or miss performer can sink the show quickly. I still think we are missing some of the story.

The problem is she was not dismissed by CBS. She has not been released from her contract to the show. She has stated both in print and in spoken word - she understands if they need to replace her, but release her from the contract so she can look for alternative work.

Exactly. It really is as simple as that, yet some people on this thread are still missing the point.

If you watch the video Adalaide posted, you will see the answers to your questions.

Dr. Fasano VALIDATES the fact that celiacs suffer LONG TERM consequences.

Watch the video. It explains the circumstances of her "release" from work pretty clearly.

She got screwed.

so sorry.....the video Alucard posted. My apologies, hon. ;)

Credit where it is due, Alucard found the video. I would have had us all waiting until Dec. 2 for it. I'll take credit for being generally awesome though and getting us pointed that way. B)

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

CB, sorry to hear you're still having problems.  Deficiency of Vitamin B12 can cause diarrhea.  It's a frequently overlooked symptom.  Did you discuss with your doctor what to do about the B12 deficiency? Shots or oral supplements?  ...
    I think you should consider getting tested for celiac disease in order to help rule out gluten ataxia.  Why?  I just had anemia.  No GI issues with gluten.  I never would have guessed that I had celiac disease.  
    My mom has Graves.  I much prefer Hashimoto’s!  I had a few thyroid swings and it is easier to be hypo than hyper.  My Mom has permanent eye damage as a result.  If you have Graves, get treatment which may include surgery.  Her ferritin levels a...