This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

kareng Grand Master

Ugh, my stomach has decided that sweet potato is no longer good on my stomach tonight. I got halfway through it and yep.... To my defense it was a little grainy....

You are really stressing about finals and maybe even going home. So...it might have nothing to do with the food, Hon. You will be fine.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

mushroom Proficient

grass...greener

I love Sonoma in the winter....too many allergens in the air for me in the Summer -- my daughter lives in Santa Rosa :)

Hubs grew up there (high school) so had already been treated for local allergens. We lived there for 20 years and he didn't have much of a problem. Move down here and it was just a sneezing chorus, and because of undiagnosed celiac - sinus infections. Densensitized again, especially for cocksfoot grass, which was originally (early settlement days) a seed crop in our area :blink::rolleyes: Durned ssttuphph is everywhere !

Ugh, my stomach has decided that sweet potato is no longer good on my stomach tonight. I got halfway through it and yep.... To my defense it was a little grainy....

I think you need some phun and company in your life so you can think about something else and phorget about papers and finals (and yer stomach). Life is for living :) It's been a tough semester for you, honeybun. Now go out and have some outrageous phun !!! over Christmas B)

GottaSki Mentor

aaaaaaaachew and bless your hubby -- I'm only safe right after a clearing rain.

Shadow - all good advice from Karen and Shroomie -- hang in there -- this semester is almost done :D

ButterflyChaser Enthusiast

Shadowicewolf - I teach in college, and as a teacher I encourage you to remember that you will not think of finals on your death bed. So study and do well, but don't let it suck your life.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Technically i'ma.... 4th year.... I think part of this is stress relating to that (which generally wouldn't bother me), loosing one of my favorite professors, being sick, not sleeping, etc.

I have not been getting enough sleep and its been throwing off my routine. So hopefully with this break, i'll be back to normal :)

Thanks guys.

elye Community Regular

Shadowicewolf - I teach in college, and as a teacher I encourage you to remember that you will not think of finals on your death bed. So study and do well, but don't let it suck your life.

Great advice, Chaser! I teach, as well -- adults. They stress themselves out, I am sure, more than kids do.....I'm constantly telling them simply to do their best. You'l be just fine, Wolfie! ;)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Are We about to have a count turn over here. ???

Rained all night and all day in Southern in Southern California

Huge water balloon leaks in the back of the house in the family room and kitchen

Know what our Christmas present will be this year

I know that this is the sillie thread so I'm counting on some of your wonderful humor :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VydorScope Proficient

Back from root canal. Keep in mind, I am a black belt in karate - undefeated in competitive fighting. I have had a freaking metal stake jammed in my side, and have hit an oak tree at 50+ miles per hour.

NONE OF THAT COMES CLOSE! Worst freaking pain ever! I literally jumped out of the chair a few times. :

BUT it is behind me now... I can recover now right? Just need to get a crown... dunno what that involves, but cant be worse... right?

shadowicewolf Proficient

Please tell me you had them give ya extra numb shots. I've been known to wear out between them. Did it before on a cavity fix. No fun. Got praised as a tough one though.

VydorScope Proficient

Please tell me you had them give ya extra numb shots. I've been known to wear out between them. Did it before on a cavity fix. No fun. Got praised as a tough one though.

Oh they tried their best, tried three or four different kinds of numbing agents/tricks - just I am highly resistant to the stuff.

GFinDC Veteran

Back from root canal. Keep in mind, I am a black belt in karate - undefeated in competitive fighting. I have had a freaking metal stake jammed in my side, and have hit an oak tree at 50+ miles per hour.

NONE OF THAT COMES CLOSE! Worst freaking pain ever! I literally jumped out of the chair a few times. :

BUT it is behind me now... I can recover now right? Just need to get a crown... dunno what that involves, but cant be worse... right?

Easy-peasy, little round thing they slip on your noggin. You may have to kneel down tho. Did ptaumn abdicate or sumfin? :)

Ifn it was a dental crown, they just take a mold and make it in the lab with all the other cyborg parts. Glue it on and shine a bright light in your mouth to set the glue and fry your tonsils. The glue tastes really good too! Try not to swallow it all before they zap it with the light.

If the anti-know stuff don't wurk you can always apply your own anti-aesthetic at home before going to the butcher, I mean dentist. Best to have someone else drive tho.

jerseyangel Proficient

Aw V-- so sorry it hurt so much :(. Take it extra easy tonight.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Crowns are easy (had similar things in my orthodontic years, full on cap/crown thing at one point).

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Vincent

So sorry for the root canal pain the crown isn't bad

Nobody has any humorous comments for that roof! flooding huh

Love to hear from somebody out there in sillie land

VydorScope Proficient

BTW DONT FORGET HE METEOR SHOWER TONIGHT!!! THERE IS ACTAULLY TWO OF THEM AT ONCE!!

Look SOUTH and SOUTH WEST if you are in USA - later at night the better. I think the peak is around 2Am though. They are hoping for 100/hour!

http://www.space.com/18883-new-meteor-shower-piscids.html

Jestgar Rising Star

Back from root canal.

BUT it is behind me now...

They put your tooth on your behind? Is that the part that hurts the worse - like you're sitting on a hard pea every time?

psawyer Proficient

The hard part is over. The crowning is painless. Been there more than once. A crown sculptured to match the drilled tooth is made and attached to the tooth using a strong adhesive. No drilling. No pain. :)

psawyer Proficient

I'm here, after being distracted for a while. It has been a busy and stressful couple of weeks. Some of you know from Facebook, and my moderator colleagues know as well.

My father-in-law was taken to hospital December 4 because he was suddenly vomiting blood. His health had been in a slow, steady decline for a while. On Saturday evening, he passed away peacefully in his sleep. We got a phone call just before midnight.

The funeral was this afternoon. The weather was cool, but the sun shone brightly. The service was held in a small church built in the nineteenth century. Bob planned the service himself a few years ago. In his instructions, he said: "Lots of music, nothing sad. I have done very well. I could have been buried in Holland, 1945 along with 3,000 other Canadians."

In attendance were Bob's widow, son and three daughters, two grandsons and four granddaughters, two great granddaughters, two sons-in-law and his daughter-in-law. Many other family and friends joined us.

May God continue to bless you, Bob.

VydorScope Proficient

Sorry for your loss Peter. :(

shadowicewolf Proficient

Sorry for your loss Peter. :(

Ditto :(

Its gonna snow tonight :)

GottaSki Mentor

Peter...thanks for sharing your day...sounds like Jackie comes from a fine line indeed. My thoughts are with you both.....except for the little corner of my mind having a snow dance since Shadow mentioned she gets some fluffy white stuff tonight :)

My condolences to you, Peter.

Shadowicewolf, how are you doing now with the end of the semester?

(I have a truckload of essays to grade, and I am thinking of giving a bunch of default A+ as a sign of protest. Except that maybe then I would be fired.)

shadowicewolf Proficient

I'm doing better.... now there's the wait for the grades :blink:

Good luck with those essays. :)

Thanks! The first two were good, one was actually awesome. I will miss this seminar - I had a wonderful group. Have been receiving grateful and heartfelt emails for the past couple of days, which is pretty moving. Yeah, I am a softie.

Personally, I think there should be no grades.

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Peter

Sorry to hear about your loss. I am glad Bob's funeral went well, it makes such a difference when you know they would have been happy with it.

Take it easy x