This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

mushroom Proficient

You have learned a great deal indeed, Loey. And I am the one who is honoured. Our health is so precious - may yours be fully restored.

{{{{{hugs}}}}

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Glad you had a good party :)

elye Community Regular

Loweeee! great news about the party -- was wondering how it all went. So glad that you had something special to celebrate -- NOTHING is more celebratory than returning health! :):)

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Loves to you Loey!!!!!

You peeps wif kids is nutz! Didn't none a'yas read the instruction manual BEFORE assembly? Crazy hard work involved. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Ya... Wish I would have seen that manual... Although the first one was the PERFECT baby and PERFECT toddler and I fooled myself into thinking that it was because I was the PERFECT mother.... The the 2nd one was born and I was knocked off my pedestal REALLLLLY quickly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Loey Rising Star

Thanks guys :wub:

Some pretty drastic changes in my life over the last 2 months (marriage breakup...moving out......distinctly UNpsilly stressy stuph etc, etc)

SNAAAAPPP!!!!!!

I'm SO cold!!.....not cut out for this wevah!

Lots of extra hugs, kisses and prayers, dear Gnick.

Love,Loey :wub: :wub: :wub:

Loey Rising Star

I have to admit I am intrigued by the prayer shawl. I bought a clearance Prayer Shawl book, because the patterns looked soo easy. I did not expect the personal stories would be so interesting. The story on page 59 caught my interest. A wounded soldier at Walter Reed was asked what he had wrapped around him. He said he didn't know, someone just gave it to him. He likes it because it keeps him warm. He then added a confession to the monk, he hears praying voices when he wears it.

Even if I only make 1 a year, I think it will be worth it.

I was just given a prayer shawl made by my SIL's mom and her church ladies. I always feel warm (like a hug) and surrounded by love and prayers when I wear it. What's the name of the book you bought?

Love,

Loey

Jestgar Rising Star

... Although the first one was the PERFECT baby and PERFECT toddler and I fooled myself into thinking that it was because I was the PERFECT mother....

yep. heard that one described as a 'sucker baby'.....'cause you get suckered in to having another one. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mommida Enthusiast

The Prayer Shawl Companion, Janet Bristow & Victoria A. Cole- Galo list price US$19.95 but I found it on clearance at JoAnn's for $5.97

celiac-mommy Collaborator

yep. heard that one described as a 'sucker baby'.....'cause you get suckered in to having another one. :P

It's totally true!!

Now I thought I was having a bad day until I got a voicemail from my girlfriend asking how to get raw eggs out of the carpet... I asked what happened. She went to change her clothes and brush her teeth to take her 3 and 4 year olds to gymnastics. In that 5 minutes, they got a dozen eggs out of the kitchen fridge AND a dozen out of the garage fridge and had an egg fight.. IN HER LIVING ROOM!!! I'm sooooo glad I'm not her right now! Poor thing!! :huh::lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm. My nice new white chairs gained some interesting new blue scribbles this morning. Grrr.

elye Community Regular

OMG. .. .... . .Warpie.....you have little kids, and WHITE pieces of furniture??... . . . .. :blink::unsure:

Jestgar Rising Star

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Butch jumped to the top of the door and played 'balance beam'....

Since I've learned to bury the plastic baggies at the bottom of the trash I've had no more awakenings to food juice spread all over my bed, along with bits of chewed plastic.

mushroom Proficient

OMG. .. .... . .Warpie.....you have little kids, and WHITE pieces of furniture??... . . . .. :blink::unsure:

Some folks defy death; others defy nature :P

Jestgar Rising Star

well....not any more...

psawyer Proficient

:lol:

well....not any more...

Ah, but these are at least scrubable. Most of it came off with oven cleaner. Given how much I wipe off on a daily basis I dread to think what the real state of our old chairs was.

The sofas are shades of brown (plus yogurt). One day I walked in to find that in the 2 minutes I was in the kitchen my daughter had covered her arms, legs and the sofa in yogurt.

You gotta love em :)

elye Community Regular

Let's face it.....white furniture just plain don't work for ANYone. A person with cats, with dogs......with toddlers, teenagers.....with visiting elderly parents whose hands that grip the coffe mugs or wine glasses are shaky....

Yup, everyone...... :rolleyes:

Shows up the gluteny crumbs of said small children a treat though, no one gets away with saying they didn't know the table needed wiping...

VydorScope Proficient

Sure I have white PIECES of furniture, and brown pieces,and well all kinds of pieces! ;)

shadowicewolf Proficient

Why is it i can eat apples that are: green, just right, and cooked with no problems. But once it gets to the "meely" stage... its a gamble <_<

Loey Rising Star

The Prayer Shawl Companion, Janet Bristow & Victoria A. Cole- Galo list price US$19.95 but I found it on clearance at JoAnn's for $5.97

Thanks, I also found a book called Prayer Shawl Ponderings. It doesn't have patterns (I don't knit or crochet) but it has a place for you to write your own ponderings after each chapter. Will let you know how it is when it arrives.

Loey Rising Star

Let's face it.....white furniture just plain don't work for ANYone. A person with cats, with dogs......with toddlers, teenagers.....with visiting elderly parents whose hands that grip the coffe mugs or wine glasses are shaky....

Yup, everyone...... :rolleyes:

I was just going to call out Superman & I. We could NOT ever have white furniture. We're big at eating in the family room when Tony's not home or we don't have company (and sometimes we entertain in the family room) and I'm a pretty big slob for a small person :lol:

mommida Enthusiast

Loey,

This book included personal stories about working for the mission, giving shawls in person, and the personal pattern contribution. I'm thinking a poncho pattern would be a nice idea too.

Loey Rising Star

Loey,

This book included personal stories about working for the mission, giving shawls in person, and the personal pattern contribution. I'm thinking a poncho pattern would be a nice idea too.

Here are some links to sites with prayer shawl patterns and the firs two have prayer ponchos. I find I'll wear a T-shirt some days just so I can wrap myself i it and feel all of the love put into it. I have known my SIL and her family since I was 16(I'm 61 now) and her mother is like a mother to me. The fact that she and her church ladies (not to be confused with SNL skit) made it for me and I know that my SIL's mom is very sick herself makes it even more special. Instead of making it in purple or turquoise (my favorite colors) she made it to match my family room. I thought that was very cool. Anyway, ere are the links. Hope they're helpful. Enjoy

Healing Hugs,

Loey

http://m.bevscountry...yer-shawls.html

http://www.yarn-methods.com/crochet-shawl-pattern.html

http://pinterest.com/colleenclue/shawls-prayer-shawls-ponchos-shrugs/

http://www.thefind.com/crafts/info-prayer-shawl-crochet-pattern

Loey Rising Star

Just a shout out to all our loved ones in the forum out in the Tornado areas. Sending lots of prayers and positive energy your way. STAY SAFE!!!!!!!

Much Love,

Loey