Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In
TriticusToxicum

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

Rate this topic

I finally converted an old recipe to gluten free and every one loved it.

I have been doing this classic recipe gluten-free for a couple of years, now...everybody loves it so much that they insist on having it now for Christmas dinner, in place of the mashed potatoes. I do it in the slow cooker, on low for about eight hours -- this frees up space in my challengingly-sized oven.....and no more potatoes to stand and peel. It's all good!  :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR, PSILLIES!!!

happy-new-year.gif

Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973

diagnosed celiac winter 2005

diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! 253.gif

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.

--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

Well Superman & I are officially old farts. We were in bed by 9:30 & Rob fell asleep immediately). He worked a 14 hour day (what a difference a year makes). I could hear fireworks but every time I went to watch them they stopped. I only made it to 11:35 before I fell asleep.

HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO MY WONDERFULLY PSILLIE PHAMILY!!!!

The radical anti-gluten party excluded from future diplomatic efforts.

http://www.quickmeme.com/p/3vpobr

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Indeed, this place has become a ghost town. :(

Maybe we can get something started again.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Boo ;)

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

may4th_thumb1_zps7bbd00f1.png

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

I can't believe I'm as much of a nerd as I am and I had no idea about the 'May the Fourth' thing!

me neither...if I knew it...I forgot it...we aren't nerds here at all ;)

10329269_10152795022903574_7946697334222

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

Lol....but mostly at your new signature with illustration :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

Yay! There is life in the world of psillies!  :)

Peter

From some Dad joke site my BIL ( a dad for 6 months) likes -

Did you hear about the kidnapping at school?

It's OK. he woke up.

Lol....but mostly at your new signature with illustration :)

Couldn't find a pic of a dragon carrying a ketchup bottle!

We need a way to design our own little guys.

If dogs could text:

Dog: Still Hungry

Owner:  You've had breakfast

Dog:  Want more Breakfast

Owner:  You'll get fat

Dog:  What's fat?

Owner:  Its what happens when you eat too much food

Dog:  Fat sounds Awesome!  Lets get fat!

Guy: Watcha readin?

Girl; "Great Expectations."

Guy: Any good?

Girl: meh, it's not all I'd hoped it would be.

reading-stories-smiley-emoticon.gif

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

Couldn't find a pic of a dragon carrying a ketchup bottle!

We need a way to design our own little guys.

Now there is a emoticon I would love....a dragon carrying a ketchup bottle -- Brilliant!

So the fun around here today is....the above ground pool which is my safe haven had a lovely sparkling salt water generated shine when I left on a three day trip with the hubs...the filter pump is on a timer, but somehow the salt water chlorine generator turned off while I was gone -- of course this was during 100 degree heat so I came home to a beautiful, natural looking algae bloomed pond :(

Nearly empty...am waiting for the last inch of water to be sucked out by the smaller pump that looks like it should have been retired from the tool corral a very long time ago -- yet surprisingly it is still sucking away.

Tonight, sparkling water -- next month and for the next year we will be penalized from the city for actually using water -- we have reduced and reduced until there is barely anything green in my yard and just last month they said possible mandatory reductions -- huh??? guess the boys will have to "go" outside ;)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

I came home to a beautiful, natural looking algae bloomed pond :(

guess the boys will have to "go" outside ;)

Pond scum and boys peeing outside!  Looks like we are back to our high standard of chat!   ;)   I may not have to keep posting stupid jokes.   pissing.gif

Edited by kareng

Pond scum and boys peeing outside!  Looks like we are back to our high standard of chat!   ;)   I may not have to keep posting stupid jokes. 

but K I like your stupid jokes

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

General Tso's chicken from Asian King....$7  Drink $1.  Getting home and realizing Asian King forgot to give you one of your containers.....  rice less

eating-chinese-food.gif

Pond scum and boys peeing outside!  Looks like we are back to our high standard of chat!   ;)   I may not have to keep posting stupid jokes.   pissing.gif

I thought you LIKED stoopit jokes. That's why I gave you one.  ^_^

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

I thought you LIKED stoopit jokes. That's why I gave you one.  ^_^

I love stupid jokes...one more please!

Anyone?

The more the merrier in here --- all we've heard is echos of late -- Heeellllllloooooo...anybody out there -- come join the sillys -- oh hell...how is that spelled again?

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

What does a nosy pepper do?

enhanced-14191-1398613728-1.jpg

"LTES"  Gem 2014

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:P 

:D

Thanks Irish!

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD