Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kelleybean

Help Me Figure Out A Christmas Dessert!

I once had a party 12 girls 12 desserts. Just add ice cream and stir slightly

:)

Edited to add, I was one of the girls. No, I think I just dug the hole deeper :o

- Symptoms from 2001, maybe before. Across 20+ years, these have included, vomiting, D, migraines, headaches, recurrent miscarriage, inflammation problems (failure to heal from injuries) brain fog, anxiety and more!

- Elimination diet using Atkins, 2003 – excluded wheat, caffeine, quorn. 2005, excluded sesame, alcohol

- Started diagnosis route April 2012, blood tests, endoscopy – said negative, gluten challenge, clearly something very wrong, had to stop after 3 weeks.

- Gluten Free, August 2012, Corn Free, September 2012. Removed most processed gluten free foods.

- Genetic testing, December 2012 – negative – Diagnosis – Non Celiac Gluten Intolerance (NCGI)

- Elimination diet, January 2013 – all of the above plus dairy, legumes, all grains, sugar, additives, white potatoes, soy. Reintroducing sloooowly now. Health improving.

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer. ~Albert Einstein hidsmile2t.gif

We are having 7 for Christmas dinner-- I'm making 3 pies (pecan, chocolate cream and mince), chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies dipped in chocolate, plus the biscotti I ordered from the gluten-free bakery.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

We are having 7 for Christmas dinner-- I'm making 3 pies (pecan, chocolate cream and mince), chocolate chip and peanut butter cookies dipped in chocolate, plus the biscotti I ordered from the gluten-free bakery.

I notice you didn't mention green beans or ham or a roast. :0

I notice you didn't mention green beans or ham or a roast. :0

We really do have some kind of weird food thing going on! It happens that I am making a ham, rib roast, and green beans with almond butter sauce (among other things).

So, what do you think we should make tonight? lol

Patti

We really do have some kind of weird food thing going on! It happens that I am making a ham, rib roast, and green beans with almond butter sauce (among other things).

So, what do you think we should make tonight? lol

We are having chili. Might make some of the pb choc chip cookies

We are having chili. Might make some of the pb choc chip cookies

Mmm sounds good! May have to ditto it :)

Patti