This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Self-Gifting For Christmas

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell Enthusiast

Oh my gosh I have been totally splurging to buy all of the gluten free cooking supplies and devices I convinced myself I need to expand my diet. It is completely justifies also in that I waited until it was cheapest which is right now on everything of course. Good thing I have five months with no interest. I bought a wonder mill junior deluxe, a cast iron skillet, a potato slicer. Maybe it is the restricted diet getting to me I don't know but I will definitely be eating good when I am done with this candida cleanse haha. Why do I feel so guilty and relieved at the same time?

So anyone else ever splurged on kitchen goodies?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Adalaide Mentor

Hah! My husband and I spend the whole year looking forward to and saving up for our Christmas splurge. I know that it probably seems selfish but I've never actually felt guilty. We spend more on ourselves and each other than we spend on anyone else, most of this ends up being spent on things that while they aren't necessities, will make our lives much easier. This is the perfect time of year to splurge on all this stuff because of the great sales. I do this every year and have no intentions of changing the habit. Enjoy!!! And stop feeling guilty.

Hmmm...in that case, I may go ahead and buy that meat slicer so I can make fresh luncheon meat. I sure do miss sliced turkey and turkey bacon but cannot find any that I do not react to. I am so glad to have an affirmation as to what was causing all my other reactions, but my diet has been so all over the place in this last six months and I am looking forward to enjoying simple things that others take for granted.

Yes these things will make my life easier, expand my restricted diet, and some may save me money in the long run by allowing me to save on processing. I definitely spent more on myself though I also spent a lot more on my family this year than I ever have before.

Thanks Adalaide! I feel so much better about my recent shopping habits haha!

IrishHeart Veteran

So anyone else ever splurged on kitchen goodies?

Absolutely! I'd rather spend $$ on kitchen toys than on clothing, shoes, makeup or any of that girlie stuff.. :D

Besides books, the best food prep /cooking/baking equipment there is--is a necessity of life! IMHO

Do not feel guilty, hon. Do you work hard for your money? YES! Well, it's yours to spend any way you wish, as long

as you are not squandering it. Besides, you said you have already purchased everyone else gifts, too. So, you are generous to others, so why not be good to yourself as well?

Remember. guilt is self-inflicted. Don't do it to yourself.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!Merry Christmas and Happy Cooking.

Chaff Explorer

Ooh...I bought myself a gluten-free gift box subscription. Stupid, pointless things to get. I didn't even think -- I just put in my credit card number as soon as I saw it. Open Original Shared Link

Of course, now I'm off casein, and it's probably all going to be mac'n'cheese and cheese straws and I don't know what. But still -- kind of excited about it! :)

@ Irish: You are just like me then. I like to buy stuff for the kitchen over clothes and what not. Of course, I have lost a hundred pounds and buying clothes just to lose more weight is not that fun. I would rather buy kitchen supplies to help me fill out my size 8 pants. That is small enough for me. Besides, it is always expensive to set up house and home and I won't live with my parents forever. I need more of my own space in the cabinets and the fridge. Right now, my closet in my bedroom is full of all my kitchen stuff and it stinks to have to run up and down to get this and that to cook. I do work hard and since buying kitchen supplies I have already cut in half the amount of money I spend at the store every week.

@ Chaff: Yep I never really got to splurge on buying gluten free goodies online with my reactions so wild I was too fearful to venture into that scene. Candida diet means no cheese. The closest I get to that is the occassional egg over easy. I have really learned to enjoy the process of homemade cooking though.

IrishHeart Veteran

Not only do you spend less money at the store, but ANYTHING homemade tops store-bought.

I know any minute LOVE2TRAVEL is going to jump in here and shout "AMEN" to that.........

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Not only do you spend less money at the store, but ANYTHING homemade tops store-bought.

I know any minute LOVE2TRAVEL is going to jump in here and shout "AMEN" to that.........

AMEN!

IrishHeart Veteran
:lol: I must be psychotic psychic

haha! You guys crack me up!!

IrishHeart Veteran

oh yes, ....not only are we funny, we agree with you buying kitchen supplies. It's a win-win.

Merry Christmas, R D B ! xx IH

Merry Christmas guys!

Archived