This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Children's Tylenol

Kasey'sMom

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

Hi,

I checked the delphi list and I saw that children's Tylenol was gluten-free. I thought I recalled a post the other day that said the inert ingred. might not be gluten-free. The delphi list didn't have the Children's Tylenol Meltaways listed. I have the grape flavor and the website has listed the ingred. Does this look like it would be OK?

Thanks!!! :)

Cellulose acetate, citric acid, crospovidone, dextrose, D&C red #7, D&C red #30, FD&C blue #1, flavors, magnesium stearate, povidone, sucralose

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Canadian Karen Community Regular

I forget, are you in Canada or U.S.?

Karen

ILOVEOMC Enthusiast
:D I use the motrin dye free and it is gluten-free.
Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

I'm in the US.

I had some Children's Motrin in the medicine cabinet but it has exp. I may need to try to get some. My dd fever is low grade right now and I'm hoping she'll sleep tonight. I've called her Dr. and he said to bring her in on Monday AM. I've been trying to pour in the liquids and vitamin C.....

I searched all over their website and couldn't find anything regarding whether or not their products contain gluten. I know in Canada, all Tylenol products are gluten-free (as per their Canadian Website).

Sorry, can't be more help.......

Hope your child feels better soon......

Karen

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

Thanks so much Karen. :) From the ingred. list it looked OK to me but I'm still new to gluten-free. I'll try to call Tylenol on Monday and post back what I find out. I probably end up giving it to her if her temp. gets too high. :wub:

Thanks again

The only thing that might be questionable would be the "flavors", but, if I had to choose the lesser of two evils, I would give her the Tylenol if her fever gets any higher....

Good Luck!

Karen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 3 weeks later...
Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

Just wanted to post an update about the Children's Tylenol Meltaways. I spoke with McNeil and they are sending me an updated list on their products that are gluten-free. She did say that the Children's Liquid Tylenol Suspension (Bubble Gum, Cherry, Grape & Strawberry) had been tested and they have no detectable levels of gluten. After she read through the list she said that the Children's Tylenol Meltaways were not on her gluten-free list.

I'll post the details on the other products when she mails me the list. :)

VydorScope Proficient
Just wanted to post an update about the Children's Tylenol Meltaways. I spoke with McNeil and they are sending me an updated list on their products that are gluten-free. She did say that the Children's Liquid Tylenol Suspension (Bubble Gum, Cherry, Grape & Strawberry) had been tested and they have no detectable levels of gluten. After she read through the list she said that the Children's Tylenol Meltaways were not on her gluten-free list.

I'll post the details on the other products when she mails me the list. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That be great! THanks!

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

Here goes.....

The bottom of the list says "Rev. August 2005"

The following McNeil Consumer & Specialty Pharmaceuticals products have been tested and do not contain detectable levels of gluten:

Children's Tylenol Soft Chews Grape

Children's Tylenol Soft Chews Bubblegum

Children's Tylenol Soft Chews Fruit

Children's Tylenol Suspension Grape (Original)

Children's Tylenol Suspension Bubblegum (Original)

Children's Tylenol Suspension Cherry (Original)

Children's Tylenol Suspension Strawberry (Original)

Infant's Tylenol Drops Cherry

Infant's Tylenol Drops Grape

Children's Tylenol Cold Suspension Grape

Children's Tylenol Plus Cold Chewable Tablets

Children's Tylenol Plus Cold & Cough Chewable Tablets Cherry

Children's Tylenol Plus Cold & Cough Suspension Cherry

Infant's Tylenol Drops Plus Cold

Simply Stuffy Liquid

Simply Stuffy Cough

Children's Motrin Suspension Grape

Children's Motrin Suspension Berry

Children's Motrin Suspension Bubblegum

Children's Motrin Suspension Dye-Free

Children's Motrin Suspension Orange

Infant's Motrin Drops

Infant's Motrin Drops Dye-Free

Children's Motrin Cold Suspension Berry

Children's Motrin Cold Suspension Grape

Children's Motrin Cold Suspension Dye-Free

The following Johnson & Johnson / Merck Consumer Pharmaceuticals Co. products have been tested and do not contain detectable levels of gluten:

Children's Mylanta Tablets Bubblegum

Infant's Mylicon Drops Non-Staining

***Children's Tylenol Suspession (Grape Splash, Bubblegum Yum, Cherry Blast and Very Berry Strawberry) HAVE NOT YET BEEN TESTED.

:)

Archived