• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Celiac Disease - Post Diagnosis, Recovery/Treatment(s)
72 72

Discussions related to one's diagnosis with celiac disease.

7,483 topics in this forum

1. Infertility

• 1 reply
  2. Ads by Google:
    Ads by Google:

• 16 replies
  3. Hopeful but still anxious

• 3 replies
  4. Gluten attack

• 2 replies
    • 2 replies
  5. Ads by Google:

6. Nausea!

• 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 5 replies
  7. Help!

• 21 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 14 replies
  8. Sulfur Metabolism

• 4 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 79 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 4 replies
  9. 6 years into this journey

• 6 replies
72 72
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    ronnieL

• Topics

• Hi Nikkster, They often call the celiac testing a celiac panel.  There is also a celiac screening test they sometimes do first, the ttg.  You want to get the full celiac panel if possible.  Not everyone shows up on just the screening test.
    • Maybe get your vitamin D levels checked.  And take some K-2. K-2 is supposed to help vitamin D absorb into bones.  Oh, and skip the Dominos next time! We all make mistakes at times,.
    • I am actually trying to bulk up and body build with this disease. I go with a keto diet of fats and protein, I use vegan protein powders throughout the day. I used to use nutrakey V-Pro and now mostly use MRM Veggie Elite, blend, and do my own mixes with Naked Pea, Jarrow Pumpkin seed, MRM Sancha Inchi, and various blends from Julian Bakery pegan line. I use them in shakes with almond butter or sunflower butter sometimes using macadamia, pecan, etc. If I can get them and drink it throughout the day. I found large omelettes and quiche made with coconut flour and almond flour with leafy greens mixed in every day for breakfast works out great. I found some nut based breads (found online then started making my own in my bakery) and eat them toasted with avocado. And I always have 1 scoop pumpkin protein (great for recovery) and 1 scoop pea protein before bed. I sometimes take extra BCAAs from Jarrow to help prevent muscle break down Try adding a bit of coconut oil to everything to get in more fats.   <.< recently trying some T boosters but not seeming much from them.
      Keto Fat bombs...look them up made with nut butters, coconut, coconut oil, and protein powder versions great way to stack on the calories.
  • Upcoming Events