• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Celiac Disease - Publications & Publicity
7 7

Discussions related to books, articles and other press about celiac disease.

12,490 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
  1. Ads by Google:
    Ads by Google:

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  2. Ads by Google:

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
7 7
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    cher1231@aol.com

• Topics

• I asked for their two products yesterday,onion and garlic.Onion powder's package doesnt have starch or wheat on ingredient list but garlic powder has corn starch . I dont have any intolerance to corn by the way. They told me they add starch to two of their products so they are not gluten free. I dont understand why they would put on corn starch on list if it contains wheat starch.I sent another mail to them.  I had nausea last night and this morning but im not sure if it is because of powder or something else.  
    • Well endoscopy done this morning. Said that all looked normal no sign of celiac seen normal duodenal cap and preserved villi. but need to wait for biopsies. Report stated  mild antral gastritis with erythema found  but non specific. Seems like they took a lot of Biopsies. Report stated they took them from lower 3rd and middle 3rd of oesophagus,  the antrum of stomach and area in bulb and 1st,2nd and 3rd part of duodenum. So will wait and see two other children in recovery with us had visible damage on their scope so were told they have celiac disease. Dr review clinic not for two weeks. Thanks for everyone for listening we just want some answers now for her increasing fatigue. But maybe it's not celiac after all.     
    • Look at carreggenan. I am a super sensitive Celiac and have the same auto immune reaction to anything made with seaweed, “the wheat of the sea”, such as MSG, carrageenan, agar and sodium alginate. The food industry is putting it in everything, even so called Misbranded gluten free foods. Even some coconut milk brands now are using it as are nut milks. It is a cheap emulsifier, so we do not have to shake things up! How about shaking up my whole body from it! You may have an iron defiency anemia not being treated or tested. Cookbook doctors treat numbers not patients clinical presentation. I have fired five doctors in eight years for stupidity and dangerous lack of clinical acumen which could have killed me. Do not be afraid to ask questions and confront doctors, you are after all the customer paying for their services.  Eat clean, meaning preparing your own foods. Stay out of restaurants! Gluten free is a joke in most restaurants if you are a celiac. And will cost you weeks of illness. Hang in there. Make bone broth, it has super vitamins and minerals and loaded with pre and probiotics. Go to Dr. Axe’s site. I only do chicken made with feet. I am allergic to beef since being bitten by a deer tick in 2011 and getting Chronic Lyme disease. The chicken feet bone broth is also loaded with calcium and is yummy. Takes a little work, but is well worth it. 😊  
  • Upcoming Events