• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Celiac Disease - Publications & Publicity
7 7

Discussions related to books, articles and other press about celiac disease.

12,480 topics in this forum

• 1 reply
  1. Ads by Google:
    Ads by Google:

• 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 8 replies
    • 0 replies
  2. Ads by Google:

• 0 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
  3. In The News

• 3 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 2 replies
  4. Npr Story

• 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 25 replies
    • 5 replies
  5. Gmo Wheat

• 0 replies
  6. Abby's Talking Celiac!

• 0 replies
  7. Food Inc Movie

• 3 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
7 7
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Serah

• Topics

• Hi!  I wasn’t sure where to post this inquiry so I’m sorry if it is in the wrong place!  My blood work was negative for celiac although biopsy was suspicious.  I have severe joint pain and GI issues so have decided to eliminate all gluten to see if that helps. I hear I may need to supplement my diet with vitamins to make up for what I’m missing, but I don’t know what vitamins they are!  Can anyone help? Thanks, Sarah
    • Hello everyone Thank you so much for all your contributions and tips, I'm sorry for my absence but I've had a big project deadline to complete. Over all, I think things are on the mend for me too.  I was quite cynical at the doctors' approach at first. I'd have much rather had a scope to find out what was happening, instead of being prescribed three months of omemprazole or zantac to see if it helped.  Unfortunately the gen on the zantac contraindictaions list stipulated that zantac should only be prescribed if your doctor is sure what is wrong with you, as it might otherwise be covering up cancer!  Those aren't the things a hypochondriac wants to read!  Anyway,  during this that time I've taken one months of omeprazole (20mg) and as that gave me D I changed to two months of zantac (most days only 75mg a day, but doubling the dose on odd occasions when the burn seemed to come back).  During much of this period I've tried to keep my diet low in fat, spicy food, drinking very little caffeine, drinking strong camomile and slipper elm, and I think a key help has not eating for a 12 hour stretch overnight because I think that really helps the stomach heal.  I hope my system is finally recovering and hope to come off the zantac towards the end of this month.  It is hard to phase these things out slowly when you are already on the minimum dose, but all the tips about marshmallow, licorice and slippery elm etc will no doubt come very helpful then!   I have come to the conclusion that this is a new weakness in my system and I'll have to be very careful to avoid gastritis in the future, by no longer taking asprin (unless the doctor ever tells me I have to), not over doing fat, greasy food, etc.  The last time I drank some sparkling wine or fizzy drinks was awful, so I shall avoid them too. Throughout this time probiotics have helped me with the C, upper left quadrant pain  and wind that the zantac seems to have produced! And of course all the help from you guys. Will keep you posted Whitepaw on life post-zantac!
    • Ennis, can you tell us how to tell the difference between a UC flare and a glutening? It must be confusing for folks diagnosed with both to know at first which it is that is happening.
  • Upcoming Events