• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Celiac Disease - Publications & Publicity
7 7

Discussions related to books, articles and other press about celiac disease.

12,153 topics in this forum

• 5 replies
  1. Ads by Google:
    Ads by Google:

• 8 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 15 replies
  2. Ads by Google:

• 5 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 23 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 97 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 9 replies
7 7
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    jocuen

• Topics

• KALE! It really is a super food. Lots of Vit C as well as other vitamins & minerals. Now I know you wanted something to drink but I'm just saying kale is hard to beat for nutrition. You can add it to liquids but yes, it does tend to have a strong flavor. As far as OJ goes, I rarely ever drink it & that includes pre-diagnosis. Every time I have tried bought OJ, it just turns me off, doesn't taste good. Actually it tastes fake to me. I did grow up where citrus grows & we were always eating oranges right off the tree or squeezing them for fresh OJ. It's hard to appreciate the store bought stuff when your palate knows the real thing.
    • Optimistic! (Insert jumping up & down with joy emoji here) You are doing GREAT!!!    Kudos!
    • 9 years ago I was over 200lbs, health started going down hill in college and dropped to under 125 3 years ago. Gaining weight again and now it is muscle. I found I had to add in KAL nutritional yeast to my meals at least 2-6tbsp a meal for the stuff I was not getting due to food intolerance and removing processed foods. Stuff really does help quite a bit. I also take liquid health supplements like the Stress & Energy. The binge eats  I STILL get years later, find myself just fixing a extra glass of protein shake and a nut flour and egg white bread when I am still hungry or mindlessly munching on almonds and seeds. Heck today was 7 egg white spinach omelette with nutritional yeast in it, 4 cups of homemade almond butter/almond milk sugar free icrecream with 3 scoops of protein powder, and then I had 3 pieces of coconut toast, a few hand fulls of pumpkin seeds, and then kept munching on a snack mix I made of hemp seeds and cocoa nibs. >.< I am gaining weight slowly again and up to 130lbs for a 5'11" male >.> I think my hunger might stem from working out alot recently. Bit of a list here from stuff I take and others https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/116482-supplement-and-foods-you-take/ PS if you new to this diet check out the 101 thread will help you out alot avoiding CC https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/91878-newbie-info-101/ I would help you out with foods but the EU/UK area I am not that familar with and sourcing I am sure some of our other members can help you out.
  • Upcoming Events