• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Celiac Disease - Publications & Publicity
7 7

Discussions related to books, articles and other press about celiac disease.

11,785 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
  1. Ads by Google:
    Ads by Google:

• 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
  2. Ads by Google:

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
7 7
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    vprovenzatn

• Topics

• Hi,  I am very sorry for posting back again. I have visited the consultant today and he said that the TTG is mildly elevated - does this mean it is a positive? The consultant said that as I tested negative for Celiac on three previous times, he thinks something else could be going on so came home worrying even more. The consultant has organised an endoscopy and requested it as a fast track and requested an urgent CT scan.  I was wondering if there is anything that I can do to best prepare for the endoscopy? Does my gluten amount seem to be enough with the 2 slices of bread on a morning? Is it also possible for the TTG to have become mildly elevated because of other conditions?  He mentioned to me that the colonoscopy didn't work really because of how it was clogged up and that the bowel prep didn't work.  I have also noticed that I am experiencing major constipation as well - I will have diarrhoea then it will fluctuate to constipation as well and have an awful gurgling sensation as soon as I eat anything like bread.  Thank you again for everyone on here. It is a wonderful forum. 
    • Hey y'all so I realized my allergy medicine probably affected the results of the IgE allergy blood tests. I tried to start eating gluten again so that I would be able to get the full blood panel from my GI but I can't do it. I ate two meals with gluten yesterday and ended up spending half the night in the bathroom throwing up because my body couldn't digest any of it. Do you know if there are any other ways a GI could diagnose possible celiac without me having to consume it?
    • Hi guys! I'm newly diagnosed (just over a month ago) and before my diagnosis booked a trip to Nepal and Tibet - both of which are bound to be super NOT gluten free and likely not gluten aware.  I know when travelling elsewhere it is recommended to get fresh produce etc from the grocery store and bring your own food. However, grocery store shopping will be next to impossible (in Tibet especially - I will be on a small tour driving through some very remote places!) and though Nepal may be slightly easier, I think it will be a challenge. I am fine to bring my own staples but note this trip is backpacking style and I will have barely enough room for (non-food) necessities so I unfortunately cannot bring an extra suitcase filled with food. I also doubt I will have access to microwaves for the Tibet portion of the trip. Can anyone offer the following advice: - have any of you traveled to these places or somewhere similar and how did you manage? - with limited space what would be the best staples to bring/what will stretch the farthest but take up the least space (I'm thinking a big bag of gluten-free oats? should be easy to get boiling water in most places) - CC issue is gonna be huge but what do you think is the safest bet to eat in this part of the world? Should I just live off steamed rice for the two weeks and take lots of vitamins and hope I can survive with the lack of nutrients? I'll try and add safe fruit and veg at every chance I get obviously.. (Note: fresh veggies are very scarce in Tibet - main diet it dumplings/momos, rice and yak meat - I assume the meat has a high chance of being marinated in unsafe soy sauce) - are there any pills/supplements/natural remedies to help me cope if I do get glutened (which is likely)? I heard of GliadinX - anyone have success with this? Also thinking maybe this would be a good time to invest in a Nima? Thank you so much! Any advice will be really helpful! (Also, please no comments on how I should cancel the trip, how getting glutened once will re-damage my intestines, how I should pack less clothes to fit more safe food etc! I know there is no beating Celiac and all the crappy consequences to eating gluten (I've been addicted to this website since getting diagnosed and have learned so much from you guys!) and that this is probably the worst vacation for a celiac lol. But this trip has been a life dream of mine and we actually booked it in lieu of having a wedding so for this reason I can't (won't) cancel it  I know I'm taking a huge risk and many would disagree with my decision but please positive comments on how I can be best prepared and reduce the risk/reduce the symptoms will be really appreciated!) Thanks Jes  
  • Upcoming Events