• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Celiac Disease - Sleep
12 12

Discussions concerning sleeping problems and celiac disease.

260 topics in this forum

1. Sleeping on your front

• 0 replies
  2. Ads by Google:
    Ads by Google:

3. Sleep Problems

• 4 replies
  4. I'm Always Tired.

• 68 replies
  5. Sleep Apnea

• 40 replies
    • 15 replies
  6. Ads by Google:

• 5 replies
    • 20 replies
  7. Night Sweats

• 150 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 7 replies
  8. No Sleep?

• 13 replies
  9. Can't Stay Awake

• 44 replies
    • 38 replies
    • 88 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 27 replies
    • 7 replies
  10. Food Causing Insomnia

• 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 74 replies
  11. Sleep Study

• 14 replies
    • 1 reply
  12. Teeth Grinding In Sleep

• 35 replies
    • 19 replies
  13. Sleep

• 4 replies
12 12
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Donna0822

• Topics

• Holy cow! You people are all angels! I have been suffering unbearably with these hot, itchy, and painful bumps on my scalp for a year now. Two doctors had no idea what it was, so I was sent to see a "dermatologist." To my utter shock, he told me I WAS DIRTY! HE TOLD ME TO WASH MY HAIR EVERY DAY with a shampoo called Nizoral, that it would take the itch away. He also prescribed a Vaseline based salve with a steroid in it. Guess what? It did nothing nor did the shampoo, and the more I washed my hair, the worse it gets. It's like torture, and I just can't stop scratching holes into my scalp. Then they scab over, then itch again. I was almost ready to shave my head, until I found this forum. I knew nothing about celiac disease, sensitivity to gluten... I knew nothing. Just so happened that my daughter found a paper talking about celiac during her visit to her GI yesterday. She brought it home for me, and demanded that I read it!  WHAM- a light come on, and I said to her... That IS what I have. I am going to my GP tomorrow to demand that I be tested for ciliac. I am rather terrified, as I am already a type 1 diabetic and have been on insulin for 52 years! I was blaming my diabetes the whole time. I have had a lower left leg amputation, and the last thing I need is to start getting this ungodly rash on my stump!!! Thank you everyone for all of the useful information you have provided in this blog. Maybe I'm not going to die after all! 😉
    • The University of Chicago recommends re-testing 3 to six months after going gluten free and then annually.  Most GIs wisely wait because although you can theoretically heal that fast, it takes TIME to master the gluten free diet.  It can take up to a year or longer for antibodies to come down.  As someone who has more than one autoimmune issue like myself (and only a DGP IgA that has ever been elevated), I think that impacts healing  and how quickly antibodies come down.   My recent endoscopy (5 years post diagnosis) revealed a healed small intestine, yet my DGP IgA was still at 80 (which was over 200 last April when I was somehow exposed to gluten).   Hang in there!  Wait six more months to get retested.  Look for other signs of healing (like anemia resolving, improve gut issues).  
    • Sounds great, one of my dreams is to open a grain free/gluten free food truck.......stone and mortar places would not do well here, but a mobile one able to cater....LOL dream I know, fundraiser has flopped and been running for a year. Hell I had the quotes up, the whole sale contracts setup, the business model and plan. I even tried to get loans, and business partners.....all flopped.
  • Upcoming Events