• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Gluten-Free Restaurants
37 37

Discussions about dining out gluten-free.

4,305 topics in this forum

• 3 replies
  1. Ads by Google:
    Ads by Google:

2. Maggiano's Mints

• 2 replies
    • 3 replies
  3. Village Inn?

• 2 replies
  4. celiac working in fast food?

• 4 replies
  5. Ads by Google:

• 29 replies
    • 26 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
  6. gluten-free in sandiego

• 2 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 25 replies
  7. Buffalo Wild Wings

• 5 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 15 replies
  8. Sushi?

• 36 replies
    • 2 replies
  9. Lola's Groceria

• 0 replies
    • 3 replies
  10. Whole Hog Cafe

• 2 replies
  11. Fuddruckers

• 17 replies
    • 14 replies
37 37
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Tb143

• Topics

• A quick perusal of Dr. Brownstein's website outs him quite quickly as a purveyor of pseudoscience. Though he may be an MD, he appears to have abandoned evidence in favour of selling stuff people don't need by making them afraid, using his authority as a doctor. Like all such individuals, what he says has some basis of truth (eg. hypothyroid disorders are quite common, the average North American has a terrible diet), but he twists it to create fear and take advantage of those who are less scientifically literate. Conspiracy theories abound to be found at: http://www.drbrownstein.com/dr-bs-blog/ Here is a criticism of his work: https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/does-your-antivax-doctor-have-another-agenda/
    • Almost 2 years into my diagnosis after losing about 35-40 pounds I have now added about 60 with clean gluten free eating. I also changed jobs which for me has been much more of a physical change, thus needing more calories I have finally been able to put back some pounds. It is possible, for me the clean diet which helped restore my guts let me finally start absorbing the nutrients I was lacking. 
    • Hi Niza, Try to eat lots of protein.  Meats, peanut butter, avocadoes, things like that.  Try to avoid processed (pre-made) foods like frozen pizza, cereals, pot pies, cookies etc.   There gluten-free versions of many of these foods, but they are best saved for later on like 6 months after going gluten-free. If you are just starting out gluten-free, eat a simple diet of mostly foods you make yourself at home.  Also, try not eat eating any dairy (milk, cheese etc) for a couple months.  Oats are also a thing to avoid eating for a couple months.  You may not have any problem with dairy or oats, but some people do. Welcome to the forum Niza!
  • Upcoming Events