• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Gluten-Free Foods, Products, Shopping & Medications
69 69

Discussions regarding which mainstream products are gluten-free and which are not.

14,947 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
  1. Ads by Google:
    Ads by Google:

• 0 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 5 replies
  2. Ads by Google:

3. Laundry Detergent?

• 8 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 17 replies
  4. Is Vsl#3 Safe

• 11 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
  5. Refried Beans

• 17 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 11 replies
  6. Ricola Cough Drops

• 9 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
69 69
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Randilee

• This could be related to nutrient deficiencies such as multip B-vitamins, magnesium, primarily with some others to consider like vitamin D E and iron. But my concern with be diabetes also, it is a fact that diabetes and celiac go hand in hand often. AND if you eat gluten free processed food often you are eating a ton more starch, carbs, and sugars then you need to which could make this worse. I would really suggest seeing a doctor about this as it seems to be a really serious issue. Discoloration is a blood flow issue normally.....this could lead to complications and loss/amputation of you your extremities. Again my main concern would be diabetes, if you want to help keep track of this get a glucose monitor from walmart and check you blood glucose before and a at the 30, 60, 90, 120min mark after a meal for a week monitor the results and see about taking them to a doctor. If your seeing large spikes and drops between and after meals this could be a sign of something. (again observational data not a doctor here  but info to help). You can try supplementing B-vitamin complexes and magnesium also help but PLEASE talk to a doctor on this issue. Change to a whole foods only diet for awhile and see about cutting out processed foods, sugars, and going easy on the carbs.
    • Celiac disease is a bit like a chameleon in symptoms with over 500 known combinations (someone else said this number). It being a autoimmune disease it would not be unheard of it effecting the lymph nodes and in fact early on my first signs of a CC was tightening and swelling of the ones in my neck. I have not noticed this with my past few encounters in the past 2 years. But as I said it is a chameleon in symptoms. You will need to be eating gluten daily for about 12 weeks for the celiac blood panel which is the standard for testing with this disease. And keep eating it for 2 weeks prior to a follow endoscope and biopsy to check for intestinal damage. You can read up more in the link http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/screening/
    • Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with Celiac after having dramatic weight loss, extreme fatigue, digestive issues, and a variety of other things. The blood test and biopsy both came back positive so I have been following a strict gluten free diet.  I have been experiencing muscle spasms, frequent face redness all over, and as of lately my toes and fingers have been turning different colours. The most concerning would be my toes as they will go purple. Each toe looks like it has a bruise on it. Is this symptomatic of celiac? I followed up with my family doctor but his only suggestion was to see a dietician, and out I went.  My antibody came back positive, and the titre was high and speckled. Is this related to the celiac? Not much has been explained to me, and I am just trying to understand further! If anyone has any advice, or comments I would be glad to read them!    Thank you  
  • Upcoming Events