• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gluten-Free Diet & Weight Issues
28 28

Discussions about how to lose or gain weight while on a gluten-free diet.

842 topics in this forum

• 11 replies
  1. Ads by Google:
    Ads by Google:

• 10 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 16 replies
  2. Ads by Google:

• 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 22 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 57 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 40 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 3 replies
28 28
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    EileenaBalerina

• Topics

• Furthermore, getting a positive on the endoscopy will leave no doubt either in your mind nor in the minds of the rest of your family or friends. All first degree relatives of celiacs need to be tested every 2 or 3 years in the absence of symptoms & immediately if symptoms present since celiac can present at ANY age. So your parents, siblings & your children will need to be tested. Believe me, there is oftentimes a TON of pushback by family members simply because they don't want to have celiac so they stick their heads in the sand & say you're off your rocker, refuse to get tested because they say they don't have it and you don't have a concrete diagnosis so how can you be sure they need to be tested? Friends can be even more doubtful. People are really, really doubtful of people who don't have an ironclad diagnosis. I think it's stupid of them to be so negative & questioning what you know to be true but they are. I mean, when you say you are diabetic, no one doubts that you are, no one questions your diagnosis and everyone respects the implications of diabetes but that is not the case with celiacs. I think it must be that people can not conceive of never eating wheat flour again for life. They can easily accept a diabetics diet but not a celiacs. Yet they will grill you as if they are experts in celiac disease unless you can tell them you've had the full nine yards of testing & ARE, no doubt about it, celiac.
    • Hi ch88, You could try going nightshade free to see if it helps your arthritis.  It might help.  The common food nightshades are potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, turmeric and paprika.  If you try nightshade free for one month that should be enough time to know if it helps IMHO. Sweet potatoes/yams are ok, as they are not nightshades.
    • Thankyou both of you for your advice, i will have the endoscopy will just have to wait, my blood tests were not hitting the roof with reading but a low to medium result, dont want to be one of them people who have gone gluten free with no need, however i do show typical symptons of celiac but no overwhelming symptons apart from feeling nauseous and crampy at times, and extreme tiredness. There is soooo much to learn
  • Upcoming Events