• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Celiac Disease - Coping With
127 127

This part of the forum is for techniques and information on how to cope with celiac disease and the gluten-free diet

15,078 topics in this forum

• 9 replies
  1. Ads by Google:
    Ads by Google:

• 21 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 26 replies
  2. Ads by Google:

• 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 13 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 15 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 160 replies
    • 3 replies
127 127
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Stephanie kate

• Topics

• these sound like celiac reactions  yes   ... basically avoid anything that causes the reaction   always and find your self a great natural practitioner and   rebuild  your body .. Rest vitamins digestive enzymes and very strict diet  Good Luck
    • Hey guys im from the UK and this site is really helpful for me. I've been diagnosed with Coeliac disease (uk spelling) for 5 years now and I slowly became dairy intolerant, which makes sense and I live with this now... but now alcohol has turned on me.  I don't drink often and I don't drink a lot (I used to in my uni years) but the reaction the next day (or same night) is horrific.  I wondered if anyone else had this problem.  I start with sweats and dizziness , then the stomach cramps cause chronic diarrhoea ... I then start to vomit until my body is empty .... this isn't the bad part. After my body is empty I go into a fit like state and cannot move walk talk or anything... the cold sweats start but I'm burning up. The stomach spasms are awful, I have to lie in bed flat with cold wet towels on my head and belly. I cannot speak or move for hours and feel so weak and unstable ..: this lasts all day and I can't eat or drink anything but I don't feel myself for three or four days. I avoid drinking but sometimes it's nice to go out and have some... am I alcohol intolerant??!! Does anyone else have this!?  I obviously stick to gluten free drinks and have a very strict diet! Im a severe case!  Thankyoy  steph 
    • I'm going to contact my primary Dr and see what his take is on this.  I know I can't wait another 4 weeks to go to my gastroenterologist.  Today marks day 23 of diarrhea.  Since switching back to Imodium it has gotten worse.  I think that the other 2 medications, even though I couldn't tolerate them and they didn't stop the diarrhea, at least slowed it down a little.  If my primary has no clue, then I am definitely contacting U of C.  The only thing stopping me is that they are out of network for my insurance plan so it would be more costly. 
  • Upcoming Events