This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Easy Bake Oven

MaryannG

MaryannG Rookie

I thought I read somewhere a while ago that you can make or buy gluten free recipes for the easy bake oven cake mixes? Does anyone know anything about this?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

runningcrazy Contributor

Open Original Shared Link

at the bottom it says you can make them with your easy bake oven

Amyleigh0007 Enthusiast

The cupcake maker that is similiar to the easy bake oven offers gluten free mixes. At least, they did last Christmas when I was looking at them. All the icings too were gluten free.

MaryannG Rookie
The cupcake maker that is similiar to the easy bake oven offers gluten free mixes. At least, they did last Christmas when I was looking at them. All the icings too were gluten free.

can you get the cupcake maker mixes in a regular store?

Amyleigh0007 Enthusiast
can you get the cupcake maker mixes in a regular store?

Yes! I have seen them at Target, Walmart, and Toys R Us.

• 3 weeks later...
elenaMN Newbie
I thought I read somewhere a while ago that you can make or buy gluten free recipes for the easy bake oven cake mixes? Does anyone know anything about this?

There is a company that sells gluten-free Easy Bake oven kits. Food-Tek (www.FoodTek.com). They also make mixes that you can mix with water and microwave for waffles and slices of bread. The waffles are great for sleepovers as you don't need to keep it frozen. My daughter loves them.

Juliebove Rising Star

It is not at all like the Easy Bake Oven. You have to bake them in the microwave and then use the unit to ice the cupcakes. The unit was very difficult to clean, if it worked right. We had one cupcake that got hurled to the floor. In total, my daughter made three cupcakes. She wound up icing the third one by hand because it just didn't work right. She also said the cupcakes and icing were not very tasty. I bought extra mixes and we still have them all. She has shown no interest whatever in it after the first three subsequent times we used it. She just got more progressively annoyed with the thing.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast
There is a company that sells gluten-free Easy Bake oven kits. Food-Tek (www.FoodTek.com). They also make mixes that you can mix with water and microwave for waffles and slices of bread. The waffles are great for sleepovers as you don't need to keep it frozen. My daughter loves them.

If you look at the really really small print on the "cupcake refill" packages for the cupcake maker thingy, Food-Tek also makes these mixes. It says on the package that they are gluten free (but manufactured on equipment that processes wheat). I bought this at Wal-Mart to try in the easy bake oven but we haven't gotten around to it yet.

Juliebove Rising Star
If you look at the really really small print on the "cupcake refill" packages for the cupcake maker thingy, Food-Tek also makes these mixes. It says on the package that they are gluten free (but manufactured on equipment that processes wheat). I bought this at Wal-Mart to try in the easy bake oven but we haven't gotten around to it yet.

The ones for the cupcake maker do say that. I haven't seen the others. Daughter was less than thrilled with them not only for the taste/texture but for that reason and the fact that they include egg and/or dairy.

elle's mom Contributor
It is not at all like the Easy Bake Oven. You have to bake them in the microwave and then use the unit to ice the cupcakes. The unit was very difficult to clean, if it worked right. We had one cupcake that got hurled to the floor. In total, my daughter made three cupcakes. She wound up icing the third one by hand because it just didn't work right. She also said the cupcakes and icing were not very tasty. I bought extra mixes and we still have them all. She has shown no interest whatever in it after the first three subsequent times we used it. She just got more progressively annoyed with the thing.

I totally agree with juliebove....the cupcake maker was a complete waste of money, I would not recommend it. It just didn't work and all the little parts were terrible to clean up; the mixes do say they are processed in a facility that also processes wheat......it was just very disappointing.

Juliebove Rising Star

Tonight there was a commercial for their new product that makes small cakes with fondant. Daughter said she wanted it. :rolleyes: I reminded her how bad the cupcake maker was. But then she insisted she make a cupcake. I told her she could if she got out the mixes and stuff.

And guess what? The box of refills said it was vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting. But in the package was yellow cake mix and strawberry frosting. She was less than thrilled.

The cupcake came out all flat and spilled over the side of the paper cup. She also said it was mushy inside. She wasn't too happy.

Archived