If you find yourself craving a substantial Gluten Free Meal, telephone the Italian Celiac Association at: 892424 (from Italy only).
When telephoning this number you will gain access to an English language and a text message system with the name(s) and telephone number(s) of Italian Celiac Association informed venues serving a gluten-free menu in the area . You provide them with your area and they will either tell or text you the location of the nearest gluten free serving establishment.
When calling you must state or type both of these two keywords together: A.I.C. (Italian Celiac Association) informed and gluten-free menu.(*)
The Eating Out Project was set up because the Italian Celiac Association needed to create a chain of venues informed about celiac disease which would be able to offer a service suitable for the dietary
requirements of celiacs.
In order to become a member of the chain the venue must have satisfied the following requirements:
* Participated at a Basic Course organized by the AIC on coeliac disease and the gluten-free diet
* Completed their training with subsequent meetings/courses supervised by their Regional AIC
* Receive up-to-date AIC information material
* Allow periodic check-ups by their Regional AIC branch
* Use products that are approved by the Italian Ministry of Health, listed in the National Register of
Gluten-Free Food of the Ministry of Health and/or products present in the AIC Food and Drink