Here's what's helping for me:
- Organic Jojoba oil on the body 2x a day (in the morning and before going to bed). It helps the itching and redness. I also tried Avocado Oil, but it seems that jojoba oil works better for me.
- Organic argan oil on the face and scalp. Also 2x a day.
- When I shower, I use Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap. My favorite is based on hemp oil (the green label).
- Only real, unprocessed food. And, if it's prepared, I want to know how it was done. When I eat out, I tend to choose the safest route and only order salads with dressing on the side, in case I don't know what's in it.
- At home, I steam my vegetables or eat them raw. I also eat a lot of fat (avocado, olive oil) and beans (lentils, pinto, chicken peas). The ratio of fat/protein/carbs may vary from person to person.
- No sugar or artificial sweeteners.
- No grains, including whole grains.
- Nothing that spikes my blood sugar level, including juice fruits. I only eat whole fruits and not a lot of them.