This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc. Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.
Note: Registration for the board is not the same as for Celiac.com. You must register on the board to be able to use the board or the calendar. Note that if your browser or firewall is set to not accept all cookies you may not be able to post on the boards.
Forum Terms & Rules Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by using the "Report" feature on the post, or going here. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.
Below are the basic rules of the board. Generally speaking users who break these rules will get two warnings, and if there is a third rule violation they will be banned from the boards. Serious board violations can result in an immediate ban. The rules are as follows:
Board Moderators: This is a moderated bulletin board and all Moderators are volunteers who have a wide variety of backgrounds, work experience and skills. None of our Moderators should be considered trained medical professionals. At least one Moderator or Administrator visits the board on a daily basis (normally several Moderators visit this board daily). To become a Moderator you must be an Advanced Member, and either volunteer or be nominated by an existing board Moderator. The existing Moderators will then vote on whether to approve you as a Moderator, and the basis for this vote will be the nominee's adherence and understanding of the board's rules (above), and the nominee's ability to interact well with other forum members.
Internet users posting comments on this board should not be considered as health professionals.
Comments posted on this board should be designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her existing physician.
We remind you that everyone can read your posts, and you will have 24 hours to modify your posts.
Users who post on this board should do so with the aim of providing true and correct information to the best of their knowledge, and when possible reference the sources of any health/medical claims made.
The Moderators reserve the right to erase, without notification, any comment or post that violate these rules and guidelines.
Last modification date : [February 27, 2014]
1) Do not be abusive or otherwise out of line towards other board members. Show respect for each board member, no matter what you think of their views. This is not a place to quarrel.
2) Do not promote your own business or products, Web site, blog, Facebook, Twitter (or other personal sites) in posts or personal messages--even if they offer free services. The proper place to post personal information is in your profile area here, not in your signature block or in posts. This includes using this board to gather information via surveys, marketing-related questions or other means.
3) Do not spam the boards (i.e., post the same thing in multiple topics or areas of the board to bring more attention to your post), or bump posts up to bring more attention to them (Wikipedia definition of "bumping": Someone wishing to keep a thread on this first page, or bring an old thread back to it will post a reply to it purely to do this).
4) No Trolling. Wikipedia definition of trolling: "In Internet terminology, a troll is often someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy or antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion, including the personal attack of calling others trolls. Often, trolls assume multiple aliases, or sock puppets."
5) Any claims you make here should be based on legitimate sources, or be expressed as opinion, experience, or inquiry. You should remain on topic and be consistent with the theme of the forum as a whole.