• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Favorite - Best Cold Cuts And Chips

15 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

bartfull    565

I never did like coldcuts. My favorite lunchmeat is chicken that I cooked myself. I can shred it and put it on some Udi's with some melted cheddar and it beats any coldcut out there.

I used to like Kettle Brand Sea Salt chips the best, but it seems potatoes still bother me. But because of your DH I guess you can't have salt. I have in the past had unsalted potato chips and after the first few bites I realized I could really taste the potato. I found them to be better than salted chips. Hard to find though.

I've been eating Planter's cashews for my crunchy/salty snack lately. Or sometimes I get rice crackers.

GFreeMO    113

Hi Bart.  WIth Dh, the thing is to avoid iodized salt so some salt is ok.  I'd have to call and see which kind of salt Kettle uses.  I have been eating Lays Stax b/c I have read on here that they are made on dedicated equipment.  They are so so.  I wish I could have nuts but I am allergic. 

I hear ya about cold cuts but sometimes I need something quick to grab to take with me.  I do prefer leftover chicken too.  I have been eating Hormel Naturals Roast Beef but it's a little rare for my tastes.

love2travel    396

Another non cold-cut person but when I take sandwiches on the road I do like Natural Selections that is labeled gluten free on the package. 

My favourite flavours of chips are in England - roast chicken and thyme and prawn cocktail.  Here I LOVE Old Dutch ketchup chips.  I don't really like Lays that much as I prefer thicker chips.  I love to make my own chips, too.  Great - now I have a craving for chips.  :wacko:

Ads by Google:

IrishHeart    1,634

Not a huge cold cut eater either, but when I do, I like Applegate Farms.

gluten-free, Casein free and no nitrates added and very tasty.

Since I cannot have foods high in histamines right now, I am not eating any deli meats at all.

As for potato chips, the hubs prefers Cape Cod but I like Lay's Classic.

Adalaide    361

I guess I'm different. I'm not a chip eater. I like them now and then, and when I get the urge I used to be all about the Pringles so now I just eat the Stax instead. Mostly because I am also a dipper. I don't eat chips because I want chips, I mostly use them as a dip delivery system. 

Meat though? Oh yeah, bring that stuff on! I stick almost exclusively to Boar's Head from the deli. I realize this isn't an option for everyone. I do one of two things to get it. I either go to the store right by my house which sells a few brands of meats, and simply show up and wait in front of the deli for it to open so I am the first customer and my meat is the first on the slicer for the day. The alternative is that there is a local store that sells exclusively Boar's Head meats. I go there most of the time as I do not do mornings. If I am truly desperate, I will go to the store by my house in the middle of the day and get them to clean a slicer for me. I've never had a problem with this, but I hate to inconvenience them.

Ads by Google:

JNBunnie1    164

I'm addicted to olive oil potato chips from Trader Joe's. They're the tastiest thing I've ever....

it's just bad, I just can't buy them.

Ads by Google:

IrishHeart    1,634

I LOVE deli bologna but haven't had it in a very long time, afraid it might have gluten.

Try some Boar's Head Brand. The company rep assured me it was gluten-free (My Mom loves it and she wanted some)

She said it is very tasty indeed. 

DutchGirl    0

I never did like coldcuts. My favorite lunchmeat is chicken that I cooked myself. I can shred it and put it on some Udi's with some melted cheddar and it beats any coldcut out there.

I used to like Kettle Brand Sea Salt chips the best, but it seems potatoes still bother me. But because of your DH I guess you can't have salt. I have in the past had unsalted potato chips and after the first few bites I realized I could really taste the potato. I found them to be better than salted chips. Hard to find though.

I've been eating Planter's cashews for my crunchy/salty snack lately. Or sometimes I get rice crackers.

Why can't you have salt with DH?? I am newly diagnosed with celiac and have DH on my scalp as well but I got my diagnoses and the doctor sent me on my way. He didn't really give me a whole lot of pointers. I don't meant to take over this post but this sounds like something I should know.

bartfull    565

Iodine is bad for DH and a lot of salt is iodized. I don't have DH and my heart breaks for those of you who do. Go to the DH section of the forum and read as many threads as you can and you will find a lot of tips on how to deal with it.

DutchGirl    0

Iodine is bad for DH and a lot of salt is iodized. I don't have DH and my heart breaks for those of you who do. Go to the DH section of the forum and read as many threads as you can and you will find a lot of tips on how to deal with it.

Thank you, I'll do that!! I had no idea!

Gemini    785

Boar's Head deli meats are a huge cut above all others.  Really good stuff and I am not a big deli meat person.  I believe that all Boar's Head products are gluten-free, including their condiments.  Not cheap but safe to eat and delicious...there are no grains or fillers in them.

Applegate Farms are my second favorite.

Ads by Google: