• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Rudi's New "soft And Fluffy" Bread And Inulin

2 posts in this topic

I don't have a large food budget, so buying gluten-free bread is a rarity. The last time I had any Rudi's was December -- a few slices over the course of a few days visiting relatives. No problems, there. Tonight I found some of Rudi's cinnamon raisin bread on sale and picked up a loaf. After eating two slices with safe toppings, I felt immediately ill (weak, lots of bloating, fever brain, joint pain, etc...). This typically happens when I'm reacting to something that isn't necessarily a glutening but definitely has my body confused and freaked out.

Turns out the new recipe, though producing larger and nice slices of bread, now contains inulin. I suspect this might be the culprit since I haven't seen a lot of other people reporting any reaction. I've never quite sorted out why I react like this to certain fiber-rich foods, but I've definitely had adverse reactions to inulin in the past and wouldn't be terribly surprised... sad, but not shocked. 

Anyone else given the new Rudi's a go? It looks like they also eliminated sorghum flour in the change. I'm just curious if I'm the only one accidentally burned by the otherwise excellent change.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Hello Clairmarie - We did recently update our Rudi's Gluten-Free sandwich bread to a new soft & yummy recipe.  While there were a few small ingredient changes, inulin was an ingredient in our old recipe and is still included in our new recipe. We have received the occasional feedback that some consumers are extra sensitive to this ingredient.  If you were able to eat our bread in the past, know that inulin was also in it, so this might not be what you are reacting to.  Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Thanks,

Maggie, Rudi's Glutne-Free Bakery