This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Posterior Blepharitis

igadeficient

igadeficient Rookie

Hello again guys.

Well, I'm still eating gluten, so that I can have a reliable result when it comes to the biopsy (which is 3 months away ugh :(), but anyway, yesterday I had a bowl of pasta, and today I've woken up with a little lump thing inside my eyelid. This is the second time I've had this come up, and on extensive research, I am like 99% sure it is posterior blepharitis. I was wondering if there's any connection between Celiac and blepharitis? I know it can affect healthy people too, but with my other symptoms I think this is highly unlikely.

Thanks in advance. 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

powerofpositivethinking Community Regular

Hello again guys.

Well, I'm still eating gluten, so that I can have a reliable result when it comes to the biopsy (which is 3 months away ugh :(), but anyway, yesterday I had a bowl of pasta, and today I've woken up with a little lump thing inside my eyelid. This is the second time I've had this come up, and on extensive research, I am like 99% sure it is posterior blepharitis. I was wondering if there's any connection between Celiac and blepharitis? I know it can affect healthy people too, but with my other symptoms I think this is highly unlikely.

Thanks in advance. 

so I had to lookup your topic thread  :P but when putting it into Google images...I have that right now on my right eye on the upper lid!  They will come and go, and the only way I realize they've returned is my contacts start to hurt.  I can only see them when I stand really close to the mirror, and then I try and pop them with my fingernail.  I only get them on my top eyelid.  Here I thought they were just pimples all this time!  learning something new every day  :)

UC Celiac Center lists them on their symptoms list Open Original Shared Link

IrishHeart Veteran

I had anterior blepharitis (before DX) and it has not recurred in the 2 years of being gluten-free.

Since "itises" mean inflammation,  (and I had/have a bunch of "itises", :unsure:)  I am never surprised when someone reports inflammation anywhere in the body from gluten/celiac.

igadeficient Rookie

so I had to lookup your topic thread  :P but when putting it into Google images...I have that right now on my right eye on the upper lid!  They will come and go, and the only way I realize they've returned is my contacts start to hurt.  I can only see them when I stand really close to the mirror, and then I try and pop them with my fingernail.  I only get them on my top eyelid.  Here I thought they were just pimples all this time!  learning something new every day  :)

UC Celiac Center lists them on their symptoms list Open Original Shared Link

Gosh that is one long list!! That's exactly where I've had it both times too, and yeah it is really tiny! I popped it last time, but think I might keep it until I get to see a doc. I dunno if mine is related to celiac as I'm yet undiagnosed, but find it a bit odd that it came up the day after I ate a gluten filled meal lol :P. I only notice a small scratching sensation when I squeeze my eyes shut hard haha. Can I ask, have you been diagnosed?

I had anterior blepharitis (before DX) and it has not recurred in the 2 years of being gluten-free.

Since "itises" mean inflammation,  (and I had/have a bunch of "itises", :unsure:)  I am never surprised when someone reports inflammation anywhere in the body from gluten/celiac.

Ah thanks. & for the little knowledge nugget. Didn't know the 'itises' meant inflammation :P

powerofpositivethinking Community Regular

hi igadeficient,

no, I haven't been diagnosed but am currently going through testing.  if you're interested, this is where I've been updating my info https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/99439-need-help-with-tests-results-please/  i have an endoscopy first week of March.

MJ-S Contributor

I developed anterior blepharitis at the same time I first got sick three years ago. It went away as soon as I gave up dairy and it hasn't come back since. It still took me almost another year to figure out about gluten, but for me that particular symptom was linked exclusively to casein and has not been re-triggered by cross-contamination. 

Archived