This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Strangest - But Positive - Effects Of The gluten-free Diet?

ButterflyChaser

jamer Apprentice

I've only been gluten-free for about six weeks, when I was diagnosed. I've already noticed a HUGE difference!!

No more depression! I was actually taking meds, no more!

My neropathy that I thought was left over from before I had my back surgery...gone. No more meds for that.

Reflux is gone! No more meds there either.

Brain fog..oh my, it was bad.  Gone. I think clearly and my work (fairly new job) has dramatically improved.

More energy!!

gluten-free is so worth it just to feel human again. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lisa74 Newbie

Great positive thread! I enjoyed reading everyone's responses. I have had so many changes happen to my body since going gluten free about 6 weeks ago, too many neurological changes to name here currently, but for now the most surprising non neurological, and not even a biggie, is that I keep getting compliments on my skin. People say my cheeks look rosy, lol, and that my complexion has greatly improved. My skin feels softer and I notice my hair is softer as well and it looks brighter. I have more energy and I smile more. My GI doc said, "You have made my day just by how good you look and feel compared to last time I saw you." The last time she spoke of when I looked so bad was pre-endoscopy and pre gluten free. She made my day by saying that!

kittty Contributor

My GI doc said, "You have made my day just by how good you look and feel compared to last time I saw you." The last time she spoke of when I looked so bad was pre-endoscopy and pre gluten free. She made my day by saying that!

Love it! I have a follow up with my doc in a few weeks. I'm almost at the one-year mark and am interested to see what she says. She said she noticed a difference at my last appointment a few months ago, but I feel even better now. I had no idea I could ever feel this good again.

Kate79 Apprentice

My hair is thicker and my skin is softer. Yay to absorbing nutrients!

• 5 weeks later...
kcorcoran2013 Rookie

My husband and I have both been gluten-free for around 5 weeks now.  I will post for both of us.  I took meds (generic ludiomil) for over 20 years so that I would not throw up everyday.  If I missed more than 2 days I would throw up. I have been off the medicine from the day I went gluten free and no vomiting!  I believe my hair (which has always been on the thick side) is becoming more thick.  I no longer am struggling to stay awake while driving to work (50 miles one way).  My afternoon/evening energy is slowly starting to improve.  My BMs are no longer fatty (but seem to be more stinky...lol I am guessing because there is no fatty film barrier holding the stink back. lol).  My husband had arthiritis pain in his fingers and that is gone.  He also has plantar faciatis and that seems to be gone.  He is starting to loose his love handles.  He says his brain fog is decreasing.

Can't wait to see us in 6 months!

Pam M Newbie

This is a brilliant thread :) ........the vision thing - I often wake up and feel that my eyes don't work because I just can't focus. Just thought was getting old - but maybe given time that will go!! Now I hope my (almost daily) migraines will ease as well. Thanks so much for wonderful thread!

Archived