This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Amy's Products

smpalesh

smpalesh Explorer

I just noticed that on the packaging of some Amy's products it says that it is made in a facility that also processes wheat products and other allergens.  Does that mean there could be cross-contamination?  I have been eating the products and I am worried that it might be part of the reason why my symptoms are coming back.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Adalaide Mentor

You can read a statement about their manufacturing processes on their website. Open Original Shared Link  I am going to again, quote a wise woman in stating that the world is a shared facility. Based on your comfort level with any certain manufacturer, you must make your own choices on whether or not you will eat products from a shared facility. Remember though, that unless you are eating no packaged foods at all, you are almost certainly eating foods from shared facilities as there is no requirement to label that things are manufactured in a facility that... insert your concern here. My best recommendation is always to contact the company personally, as I always gauge my personal comfort level with a company on personal experience and contact.

tom Contributor

Hi smpalesh, I'm wondering which types of Amy's you're eating. I suppose it's been awhile since I've seen posts about Amy's frozen foods being problematic for the posters but I also haven't been reading as much here lately. For years it just kept coming up. Never saw much about their other lines. Does anyone know if they changed? Any long-timer REtry an Amy's frozen years after thinking they were a potential cc source? I've been tempted, but I don't think I even got as far as checking the ingred list for everything else I don't eat. -_-

dilettantesteph Collaborator

I just noticed that on the packaging of some Amy's products it says that it is made in a facility that also processes wheat products and other allergens.  Does that mean there could be cross-contamination?  I have been eating the products and I am worried that it might be part of the reason why my symptoms are coming back.

The best way to find out would be to eliminate them and see what happens.  Different celiacs have different sensitivity levels.  Some have problems with those kinds of products and some don't.  (I do.)

DougE Rookie

If anyone does try them again, please report back.  I have avoided Amy's based on posts from a ways back.  No good for me to try again.....I have no discernible symptoms.

Archived