This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tyson Gluten Free Breaded Chicken Nuggets And Strips

Alex J

Alex J Apprentice

Saw an ad online and they confirmed by email they are now making them. They aren't on the website, though, and I haven't seen them (and didn't ask about shared facility/equipment/whatever).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

koalbish Newbie

Saw an ad online and they confirmed by email they are now making them. They aren't on the website, though, and I haven't seen them (and didn't ask about shared facility/equipment/whatever).

I have been buying these from stop and shop. We love them and they aren't expensive.

CommonTater Contributor

I haven't seen these, are they with the regular chicken?

Alwayssomething Contributor

I purchase mine in Super Target or Publix by the bags of chicken patties, and those type things.  The bag is white and has green writing.   They have a few grilled and no breaded as well as breaded.    They do sell non gluten free as well, but the gluten free ones are marked right on the front of the bag.  

koalbish Newbie

I bought the ones in a bag frozen and they also have refrigerated ones as breaded fingers. They come in a flat package and they are in the meat section by the already cooked meats and meals.

CommonTater Contributor

Thanks, I checked with both grocery stores we have here, one being Walmart and neither carries it. The next time we go to the big city for all my supplies I'll check with a super target.

• 2 weeks later...
Psyche Newbie

I have not been able to find them. I will have to hit our Publix and check.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

maximoo Enthusiast

Never seen these before--will definitely look for them. I live by a SuperTarget in So FL.

matty10 Newbie

My wife was looking for the Tyson breaded strips, but found ones from Perdue. They are labeled gluten free and were at Walmart.

bizzonzzon Newbie

I have been getting them from the Walmart in my town. It was amazing when I first found them last November. They are $5.80, i think, for 27 nuggets. Not bad, in my opinion. They recently put $0.55 off coupons on all of the bags, too.  :D  They are NOT near the regular Tyson products in Walmart. There is a frozen section at the store near me called "Health Entrees," which now has a whole frozen pantry of gluten free options, like Van's waffles and Amy's frozen meals, along with some others that I had never seen before. Also found a new frozen fettucini alfredo meal that is delicious (for frozen alfredo).

karichelle Newbie

I wish our Walmart had a gluten-free-ish section in the freezers. They don't. They do have a decent one on the shelves, but no Udi's bread or anything like that at my store. And no Van's waffles. There are a few Amy's meals that are with the Morningstar products and Lean Cuisines.

maximoo Enthusiast

i bought the perdue gluten-free nuggets, just average(kinda bland) according to kids.  But they are much cheaper than Ian's or Applefarms.  Not bad when you need a quick meal. 

lisa74 Newbie

I need to look for these for my kids, thanks for sharing! I didn't know they existed.

formygirl Rookie

just bought the purdue ones, and my girlie has gobbled them down!  

maximoo Enthusiast

I realized the after the  1st  (or 2nd ) time  that by following the cooking directions exactly the perdue  tenders weren't crispy enough. I cook them  longer now & the kids like them much better.

The bags says to cook at 425 for 9-11 mts, but cooking them for 16 mts yeilds a crispier tender w/o burning them. I also turn them over 1/2 way thru, and use  a toaster oven.  At publix it cost $6.29 but last week were on sale for $4.99, and I'm sure there will be a buy1 get 1 free sale in the not too distant future

• 2 weeks later...
Darissa Contributor

Our Walmart carries the gluten free chicken strips, but does not have a "gluten free section". Ours are in the freezer isle that is labeled "healthy entrees" or something like that. It is where the Amy's frozen meals are and the Veggie meals. They are in a green bag. We like them, but there are normally only 4 strips per a bag.  My kids will each eat 2 (more if I let them!).  But they are good and easy for a quick dinner when you don't have time to cook! 

I have not seen them at our Frys, Safeway or Sprouts.

• 2 months later...
maximoo Enthusiast

I have finally seen the Tyson gluten-free Tenders at Publix.  However they are more expensive than the perdue at $7.89 and the pkg is smaller than perdues.  I will try them if & when they go on sale.

Archived