• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes

Constipation And Diarrhea

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

I think that I got glutened, or something else got me. I'm having back and forth diarrhea and constipation. The diarrhea is just like muscle spasms not full fledged runny stuff. What do I do? I had two bouts of diarrhea with constipation in between them earlier this week.  I had to take imodium for the diarrhea earlier this week because I was 45 minutes from home and had to drive myself and there wasn't anywhere to stop between where i was and home. But since then I haven't been able to go at all. This is the first time I have had this problem. Either the spasam diarheaa or problems with constipation. I think that the trouble was gluten because I have gotten all the other gluten symptoms I usually get. Any advice would be helpful.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

dear Googles, spasms diarreha is my thing as well after a glutening. I mean: first the diarreha then the spasms diarreha. I took an Imodium too last week: of course it is better to stay home and let it run its course and not mess up with medication, but sometimes one has to. I have no answers other that we must wait for it to pass...

dear Googles, spasms diarreha is my thing as well after a glutening. I mean: first the diarreha then the spasms diarreha. I took an Imodium too last week: of course it is better to stay home and let it run its course and not mess up with medication, but sometimes one has to. I have no answers other that we must wait for it to pass...

Thanks so much. This is a totally new symptom for me. I DO NOT like it. My problem is that if I don't work i don't get paid and i can't afford not to get paid.. So I usually have to deal with meds unless it is a weekend. I did not even know this was possible. I'm sorry that you get it too, but nice to know I wasn't just going totally crazy and it wasn't my imagination.

Ohhhhh diarrhea, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways......

This is definitely a common problem! When necessary, go for the Imodium. Ya

gotta do what ya gotta do. Which includes copping a squat in the woods when

necessary. I find that loading up on flax meal and yogurt in the days after an

episode help prevent the constipation that can follow Imodium use.

I rely on imodium too... I have to travel a great deal for work, I never go anywhere unless my bottle is full :D  I will have to try the flax idea for afterwords so I can maybe escape the constipation.... the things we put up with LOL

Ads by Google: