• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Stuff People Say To Celiacs

4 posts in this topic

Rebecca92    7

I don't know if anyone has shared this video here before but I just ran across it on youtube and I thought it was hilarious, mostly because I have heard about 99 percent of everything on this video. Just a little bit of humor to brighten your day :]

Heres another one "Stuff Celiacs Say"

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I don't know if anyone has shared this video here before but I just ran across it on youtube and I thought it was hilarious, mostly because I have heard about 99 percent of everything on this video. Just a little bit of humor to brighten your day :]

Heres another one "Stuff Celiacs Say"

I laughed so hard at the first one, that's what my grandma sounded like when she found out I had celiac.  The bottom one sounds like me sometimes too. :P

julissa    22

ain't it the truth? I particularly like in the first on where she asked something like "how can you do this to me?"

ndw3363    15

"Can't you just try a tiny bite?  Trust me, it's so good that it'll be worth the bloat" - hahahaha - I get this from my friend ALL the time.  If bloating was my only issue, I'd be in heaven.  Nothing is SO good that it's worth the massive migraine, the heart racing anxiety, or the overwhelming anger at nothing.  I'll stick to my "safe" meal thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    rachellelnd@gmail.com

• Topics

• Ah yes... dry beans. I am fortunate to live near a plant that only processes beans, pulses and rice (Western Rice Mills if you're on the west coast). I doubt that they test, but I would suspect that the biggest part of the risk with that type of food is in the plant where they pack them, as things like barley pearls and wheat berries are often sold as dried goods and would probably be done on the same lines. I would agree that dry beans could be problematic depending on source. 
    • No, Armour has always been gluten free.  The formulation changed a few years back and during the switch, there was a shortage.  That has long since resolved.  Forest Pharmaceuticals (manufacturer of Armour) was bought out by Activas in 2015.  They increased the price!  Now it is comparable to synthetic.   Imtried to find a good and reputable source about the history of thyroid replacement.  Here is one link -- the story is pretty accurate, but the site is trying to sell you stuff.   https://thyroidpharmacist.com/articles/the-history-of-natural-desiccated-thyroid-medications/  
    • If she is now at a public school, accommodations can be made for disabilities.  Here is a link that explains a 504 plan and an IEP, but you will have to investigate based on your state.   https://www.foodallergy.org/education-awareness/advocacy-resources/section-504-and-written-management-plans https://www.understood.org/en/school-learning/special-services/504-plan/the-difference-between-ieps-and-504-plans http://kidshealth.org/en/parents/504-plans.html https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/504faq.html i am not very knowledgeable about this subject, so I encourage you to contact your school district for help.  Your doctor might be a good resource too.   You might consider homeschooling until she has been diagnosed and has received treatment.  The Department of Education can direct you to homeschooling resources.  There are lots of wonderful programs out there and you can get financial support.   I wish you all well!  
    • You make a good point about being neurotic. I'm slowly getting better. I guess time will tell. But thank you for the insight.   As far as roommates go, that's a good idea. I've definitely been thinking about that. But these guys are my best friends and the process of getting a new roommate this late in my schooling might be hard. Although, I will keep my eye out for the opportunity. 
    • Hello I understand what you are going thru. My son almost died from going 27 years without figuring out it was gluten and then corn causing all the illness. I brought him to Drs, none of them figured out gluten intolerance. Oh they told us he had everything else. Then as time went on, he found out he has issues with corn. Corn has identical genetic make-up as gluten.  Corn is sneaky and everywhere. Contact the manufactures, ask them if there is a chance of contamination or corn ingredient in their products. My son gets neurological problems when gluten/cornized. Anxiety, obsessive thoughts, can not think. He had to be taken out of school and homeschooled. He just found out the digestive enzymes he was taking contain an enzyme that is grown on barley. Enzymedic basic.  My suggestions for you are, seriously go find another place to live. You need your mind and health to continue school. If you don't and continue living where you are, school will suffer. In your spare time, find out all you can about gluten and what other foods act like gluten in the body. Like I said, corn has the same genetic make up as gluten, some people can not eat rice either. This is something that is doable, it is just becoming very aware of what goes in the mouth. Please find another place to live. You don't need to deal with those jerks, you have enough going on with school and health. There might be other people in your school that are celiac or gluten sensitive. Find them, post notes up, start a newsletter about gluten free lifestyle. I bet there are many people that would welcome that newsletter.  You don't need to do this alone!   You are the most important person in your life, you deserve to feel good and be respected! Stay away from those that don't respect you. Search out those that will.  Eating out is something that can be done, find those places that will work with you. Ask to have burgers or meat cooked on aluminum foil. Fresh veggies, fruits all gluten free. Again, research restaurants in your area willing to work with you. Even call the manager and talk to them. All the best to you!  Hang in there.   
  • Upcoming Events