This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Feeling Depressed

langone7

langone7 Apprentice

I am five weeks pregnant.  I can't have gluten or dairy.  I watch other people eat wonderful food, while I eat my coconut ice cream and cheese-less sandwiches.  I only eat organic and I am super careful.  But sometimes, and obviously even before I just want to give in, I won't but I want to.  My favorite foods I make are my spicy chicken oven kabobs, diaya cheese gluten free chicken pizza, and burritos.  Everything else seems bland and bla to me lately.

Does anyone have any idea on a tasty recipe, something different and good?  Please help!!!!!!  

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

You ask for something different?  What do you normally eat?

You ask for something good?  What kinds of things do you generally like?

When I was pregnant, my favorite foods were avocados, sushi, and (twice - ONLY twice) BLT's.

1desperateladysaved Proficient

I like muffins made with nut flours.  My whole family liked them with fenugreek.  I really like kidney beans and lentils with olive oil, and salt.  I like meat.  I look forward to sweet potato day.  When I don't have a sweet potato, carrots cooked to carmelized on the stove are scrumptious.  Speaking of carmelized home-grown-green-beans and any vegetable carmelized is yummy.  I like nuts and dried peas.  Fruit is like a real treat.  If you learn to like whatever you are eating, food is fun again.

My sense of taste is becoming sharper, I think.

langone7 Apprentice

I love pastries, muffins, and spicy foods.  I don't eat pastries anymore as I haven't had much success making them.

1desperateladysaved Proficient

Almond flour mixed with a little vanilla makes a nice tasting pastry filling.  I found a recipe online.

kareng Grand Master

Why don't you read around on this forum? We have a recipe/ cooking section. Look at the what's for dinner section. See what others are eating. Many are dairy free, also.

https://www.celiac.com/forums/topic/75238-the-whats-for-dinner-tonight-chat/page-354#entry858479

langone7 Apprentice

I will look at that.  Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived