This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Domino's Gluten Free Pizza

phillysmom

howlnmad Newbie

Sorry, I wasn't aware, but still the safest bet would be to actually talk to the Manager face to face. If you show a concern, they may be able to change the processes at that location (not all locations are corporate owned and have more freedom as far as what they can and can't do in that store). A lot of cross contamination issues can be resolved by simply explaining it to the Managers of the restaurants. I am the Property Manager of a very large shopping mall and after moving to a rural town, they had no idea what gluten is. Once I talked to the managers face to face they were much more accomodating when I came in for a business lunch and asked for something gluten-free.

While I do agree ith you that talking to the manager may be helpful, I'm not sure that I would trust the employees to follow through. To many things are to big of a hassle for some people. Just my .02 worth.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

1of6 Newbie

phillysmom, I feel your pain.  My son is 11 and has apraxia with many texture issues.  He only eats a handful of foods as well... not a fruit, not a veggie, his only meat is chicken in nugget form from certain companies...it goes on and on.  Try your best to find a suitable substitute for his regulars.  It will get easier once you can get him to eat a pizza that you have made.  The Chuck E Cheese by us has a gluten free pizza that is made in a gluten free facility and shipped to them in an individual baking bag.  The staff takes the sealed pizza from the freezer, puts it in the oven and then brings it out to you still sealed in it's bag.  They bring a sealed disposable pizza cutter for you to use after you open the pizza.  You can only get a cheese pizza and it is only offered in an individual size but this might be an option for you.

LFitts Apprentice

As tough as this is now, it's going to keep on getting tougher for a little while, but you can get through this in baby steps. Do not eat out. Period. Not until you're a few months in and have got more of this sorted out. I'm only 5-6 months in w my daughter and we are still learning. Read everything in the newbie forum. Find the Perdue gluten free chicken tenders, udis chocolate chip cookies, and whatever other gluten-free treats he will eat. Amazingly, once he starts feeling better its likely that he will be more willing to try new foods. Come here for support and don't beat yourself up when he has a bad day.

• 2 weeks later...
AnniesVision Newbie

Hi there.. I think the most important issue here is for you to not be too hard on yourself! There is so much to learn but you will learn it. I made choices in the beginning that I would not make now. That comes with knowledge.

Cross contamination is a big one for me. My friends can't understand why I won't go eat at a restuarant that has a gluten free menu. They think I am too paranoid. However, 9 times out of 10, I leave knowing I rec'd traces of gluten. They go back to their lives and I go to bed.

I live in Portland OR and we have many grocery stores that cater to healthier foods. These stores carry gluten free pizza and other rare products. Even my grocery chain has gluten free pizza crust so that all you have to do is throw on your topics of choice.

Hang in there! It really does get easier. However, I must admit that it has been life altering in many, many positive ways and a few not so positive. Eating out with friends on the spur of the moment is only a memory. :)

Sharon-1 Newbie

well, we are one week and one day into this crazy gluten-free journey! (my 12 year old son, philip, was just diagnosised last friday).......he's SUPER picky eater (he has down syndrome.....have worked in  therapy since age 2 on trying to get him to eat new foods).....he eats about 6 different foods.......anyway, pizza is his main staple food (well, at least it was a week ago).......we had a special olympics basketball tournament today and i got him a dominos pizza!.....he of course inhaled it like it was mana from God (lol!)........i have read many negative things about this pizza (cross contamination)........was i a horrible mom for giving this to him today?  and does anyone know anything about "cookie crisp" cereal??  (another one of the big 6 that philly will eat).......now the label doesn't have any wheat products, but at the bottom it says "may contain wheat products".......should this be a no-no, too???.................my head is spinning at all of this!.......i almost fainted the other day when i realized that vinager had wheat!!.....good grief........i pray that this gets easier......

I had the same problem.  My son did eat one of those pizzas and woke up irritable and his stomach hurt.  I immediately went to their corporate web site and complained.  This afternoon the manager of the local store called me.  It was a great call.  He assured me that he would do everything in his power to make sure that the gluten free pizzas that they sell are just that.  Cross contamination is a big problem.  He said their crust comes in already pre-made.  He thinks that maybe the screens they bake them on is the problem or even the cutter.  He promised to purchase screens for only the gluten free pizzas and suggested telling them to not cut the pizza, just to cut them myself.  I felt really good about the call.  He seemed to really care and want to work with me.  I suggest calling your local Dominoes and speaking with the manager.  Explain the problem and hopefully he will work with you also.  My son was diagnosed a month ago.  I hope this helped. 

Archived