This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Otc Drugs And Cross Contamination

Gfresh404

Gfresh404 Enthusiast

Has anyone had an issue with it? I would think if you know for certain that all the inactive ingredients in a product are gluten-free, there's probably a %90 chance that it is in fact gluten free. My logic is that with important things like drugs - they're already going to make sure there's no cross contamination with the other drugs - therefore they're probably going to thoroughly clean the production lines in between each run anyway. 

Am I assuming too much or has anyone been told that an OTC drug wasn't gluten-free when all the ingredients were?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Adalaide Mentor

I have been told when calling a company that because of manufacturing processes they didn't consider the OTC product to be gluten free and certainly recommended I not take it.

kareng Grand Master

If they say something like " no gluten ingredients. Don't know about the suppliers.....blah, blah". They don't test for gluten and have a legal department that told them to say that. I use them if they have no gluten ingredients.

psawyer Proficient

If they say something like " no gluten ingredients. Don't know about the suppliers.....blah, blah". They don't test for gluten and have a legal department that told them to say that. I use them if they have no gluten ingredients.

Me too.

jerseyangel Proficient

Me three :)

Auntie-Manda Apprentice

Me four. But I love it when it says "gluten free" on the bottle (like my vitamins)! If there's a brand that's labeled gluten-free, and one that isn't, I'll definitely buy the gluten-free for sure one, even if it costs a little more.

Archived