This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Stomach Dosent Feel Right After Going gluten-free

joeessex

joeessex Rookie

hi there please help me this is causing me alot of anxiety i went gluten free about 3 weeks ago but had some hickups i have been truly fully gluten free for just over 1 and a half weeks i eat some soy bran crackers and within 2 hours or less i felt very sick like i was going to throwup and then the next day i did the same thing could it be these crackers also today i dont really feel sick but i feel drained and my stomach keeps rumbling and feels bloated like a baloon i am not getting cross contaiminated i had turky brest and new potatos for dinner and home made ham salad for lunch with helmans mayo only other thing i had today was lactose free milk kinda felt okay before that i felt sick last 4 days but today i dont feel sick i just feel rumbling in the stomach and weird could it be the milk are theses normal symptoms after going gluten free or are they symptoms of something else other than that lots of other symptoms have cleared after going gluten free thanks please reply and help my iam very anxious with this all now joe

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

shadowicewolf Proficient

Give it some time. You've just started.

I would recommend, however, to drop any processed foods for a while and stick to a whole foods, as they can be hard on a healing gut.

bartfull Rising Star

Soy could definitely be a problem. It is for many of us. Shadow is right - skip the processed foods for a while and eat just whole foods - meat, veggies, fruit, and maybe some nuts. A good diet plan would be something like this:

Breakfast - eggs with melted cheese, a slice of ham, and if you need some carbs, plain white rice. (I like to melt the cheese into the rice, then shred the ham into it. I cook the eggs over easy and drop them on top and mix them in so the whole thing is covered with egg yolk. Yummy!) 

Mid-morning snack - an avocado or piece of fruit.

Lunch - a salad with shredded meat and egg. You can top it with the mayo mixed with a bit of garlic and black pepper, or better yet, some rice vinnegar and olive oil.

Afternoon snack - a handful of nuts.

Dinner - Some roasted chicken with sweet potato and broccoli.

Evening snack - a piece of fruit or another handful of nuts.

I'm a lousy and lazy cook so I tend to make a lot of whatever I'm cooking so there'll be plenty of leftovers. I ziplock them into individual servings and pop them in the micro when it's mealtime.

joeessex Rookie

Soy could definitely be a problem. It is for many of us. Shadow is right - skip the processed foods for a while and eat just whole foods - meat, veggies, fruit, and maybe some nuts. A good diet plan would be something like this:

Breakfast - eggs with melted cheese, a slice of ham, and if you need some carbs, plain white rice. (I like to melt the cheese into the rice, then shred the ham into it. I cook the eggs over easy and drop them on top and mix them in so the whole thing is covered with egg yolk. Yummy!) 

Mid-morning snack - an avocado or piece of fruit.

Lunch - a salad with shredded meat and egg. You can top it with the mayo mixed with a bit of garlic and black pepper, or better yet, some rice vinnegar and olive oil.

Afternoon snack - a handful of nuts.

Dinner - Some roasted chicken with sweet potato and broccoli.

Evening snack - a piece of fruit or another handful of nuts.

I'm a lousy and lazy cook so I tend to make a lot of whatever I'm cooking so there'll be plenty of leftovers. I ziplock them into individual servings and pop them in the micro when it's mealtime.

thanks for the advice i love rice and haven't eaten any yet some good food ideas there i will defo stay off the processed foods is cheese ok or will the dairy/lactose be too much for me cheers joe  

Smylinacha Apprentice

I am back on gluten now for my upcoming endoscopy but soy will make me sick and give me a headache. Milk and ice cream would bother me but not cheese or eggs. Sugary things bothered me too...I was reading that people with gluten problems can have soy, dairy and fructose problems also.

joeessex Rookie

My stomach feels strange and weird could it really be from taking away gluten

Archived