• Join our community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease?  Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
GFreeMO

What Helps This Symptom?

Rate this topic

While healing from this dreadful disease, what if anything helps with the tender and bruised intestinal feeling?  That is my biggest complaint right now...just the general soreness like a horse walked on your lower guts.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

When were you diagnosed? I have been gluten free for 16 months and just when I started to feel better I was glutened by something given to me at the hospital. When I need some extra help to settle things down again I take gluten-free/wheat & dairy free slippery elm capsules after each meal. They seem to soothe my stomach.

flowerqueen, thanks.  I will check those slippery elm capsules out!  I was diagnosed in late Jan.  

Heating pads.

I've used them to help recover from surgery to regular aches and pains. Something about heat (as long as it isn't too hot) helps in healing.

Shadow, thanks!  I know what you mean about heat.  I was standing in front of a fireplace over the weekend and the heat from that felt so good on my guts.  I will be watching Dancing With The Stars in bed with 2 cats and my heating pad tonight.  :)

Ads by Google:

Let me know how you get on with them ;)

flowerqueen, thanks.  I will check those slippery elm capsules out!  I was diagnosed in late Jan.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Danico

• Topics

• Welcome!   Let me put your mind at ease.  While is true that some celiacs have fertility issues, it is usually because they are undiagnosed and not being treated.   I think your approach of focusing on your health for the next six months to a year prior to conception is an excellent idea.  Not only will it help insure a healthy pregnancy, but you will be able to handle and care for that baby for the next few decades!   I was in a dedicated gluten free bakery and saw a young family with a six month old baby boy.  I love babies and struck up a conversation.  They said that the wife had been sick with odd issues  and finally got diagnosed with celiac disease.  Six months  this later, she got pregnant after they had been trying for three years.   So, learn the gluten free diet.  Choose healthy foods and try to avoid processed junk foods (not good for anybody), excercise gently, reduce the stress in your life, and I bet you will be fine!   Green stools can be a sight of rapid transit. It could be gluten, a virus, or food poisoning.  Stay hydrated and you will be fine.  Celiacs have leaky guts, so you might have developed an intolerance.  How long have you been gluten free?  Try reading our Newbie 101 thread located at the top of the “Coping” section of the forum.   Take care.  
    • I have granuloma on both of my feet and got them after I had my daughter. She's now 2!! Not eating gluten has not effected it in the least.  I had a major flair up after my colonoscopy and an exploratory surgery, neither had anything to do with my feet . 
    • I have had rolling food intolerance issues and stuff crop up for years....but this time it was seemly triggered by a cold.  I got a cold this weekend standard fever, stuffy nose, coughing gunk up, head pressure, random dizzy spells etc. Anyway I was eating on my chia seed rotation before getting it just fine...but about halfway into my cold I started having vomiting issues after eating. I assumed this was the cold perhaps it was instead a flu. But I got over it now with just a bit of congestion and sore throat left BUT I noticed a pattern in my food diary and confirmed it yesterday...within 30-60mins of eating anything with chia seeds I am puking ....... it seems I got a new intolerance to them? I found this odd that it was seemly triggered by the cold. I guess it could have happened with the compromised system and fever. Has anyone else had a new food intolerance crop up after a cold?
    • Thinking I saw this earlier on another post....anyway I do have a thought on this. I get little blood blisters and sores in my mouth, and on my tongue from things I ended with allergies to. With celiac being a autoimmune disease it can sometimes effect your immune system, like make you more prone to random food allergies, histamine issues, food intolerance issues, and sensitivities. You might want to keep a food diary and mix up what you eating avoiding foods you have been eating for up to a week changing out sauces, oils, spices completely and see if you notice anything. If I eat anything with corn I get blood blisters in my mouth by example, a high PH food like if I use a undiluted vinegar on something had in the past giving me little sores...not had this happen in awhile. In the food diary keep track of the sores, body temperature, stool habits, how you feel, etc. Every little detail and see if you find some connection with foods you eat. Try a lower histamine diet perhaps if it is related to that.
    • Hi been diagnosed as celiac over 2 years ago have a bad episode at present with tongue and swollen sore nose looks like little blisters has anyone else had these symptoms and if so what made it stop please any advise would be fab 
  • Upcoming Events