• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Gluten Free At The Ballpark

8 posts in this topic

http://www.glutenfreephilly.com/2013/04/gluten-free-baseball-ballparks-2013.html

I'm putting this in the coping section because Redbridge Beer and Topsy's popcorn at Kaufman ( Royals) Stadium helps me cope with Celiac Disease. Most stadiums have other things you can read labels on that are gluten-free like frozen lemonade, potato chips, candy, ice cream bars, sodas, cotton candy, etc. At our stadium, you have a better chance with the gluten-free hot dogs at the hot dog/ sausage only stands. Same with popcorn. Less chance of cc.

Also, our stadium allows everyone to bring a small amount of food in. The soccer stadium gives me a paper to print out to allow me to bring a sandwich - email disability office and the general manager.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

I'm pretty sure the only real sports we do in Utah are soccer and basketball, but it is really cool that it is opening up nationwide for fans to be able to eat when they head out to see their favorite team. Beer and sports? Definitely a coping thing for a lot of people. I may be too nerdy for sports, but I understand that some people are into that sort of thing. I used to do late night Friday beer and pizza Magic the Gathering parties. :ph34r: It's like sports for nerds.

Since I'll  be going to a Mets game this summer, I am happy to see this, K!

The hubs told me he knew there was a gluten-free concession at Citi Field, but it  is good to SEE it in writing somewhere.

When we attended the spring training games in Port St Lucie last month, they had no problem with me bringing in my sammy

and I  purchased bottled water  (yes, $3.50  for water is absurd) and enjoyed my first bag of Cracker Jacks in a million years.. :)

Since I'll  be going to a Mets game this summer, I am happy to see this, K!

The hubs told me he knew there was a gluten-free concession at Citi Field, but it  is good to SEE it in writing somewhere.

When we attended the spring training games in Port St Lucie last month, they had no problem with me bringing in my sammy

and I  purchased bottled water  (yes, $3.50  for water is absurd) and enjoyed my first bag of Cracker Jacks in a million years.. :)

forgot to mention Cracker Jacks!

Petco Park here in San Diego has a gluten-free hot dog stand - completely seperate from all other concessions - men heading to the first game of the season on Friday night - son looking forward to seeing if the gluten-free stand has more options this season.

Great thread!

Ads by Google:

Petco Park here in San Diego has a gluten-free hot dog stand - completely seperate from all other concessions - men heading to the first game of the season on Friday night - son looking forward to seeing if the gluten-free stand has more options this season.

Great thread!

Have the guys give a review here.

Thought I'd mention that the United Center in Chicago, where the Bulls and Blackhawks play, has a dedicated gluten free food stand, with Redbridge, hot dogs, nachos and other gluten free snacks.  Never has a long line, either.  Was awesome going to a Blackhawks game and feeling like a normal person with a hot dog and a beer :)

U.S. Cellular Field where the White Sox play sells New Grist beer.  They also have some gluten free food options, but I don't think there's a dedicated stand for gluten free.

"HEALTHY FOOD Healthy food alternatives including salads, vegetarian and gluten free entrees are available throughout Petco Park and at the Friar Fit cart located in the Mercado (Section 104)."

Pulled from the A,B,Cs of Petco -- sounds like they have indeed added a bit...will have one of the guys check in this weekend -- they don't come here often -- it's a "my Mom hangs out there" thing :rolleyes: