This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Seasonal Allergies... Or A Head Cold....

shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf Proficient

I have a 99.3 or so temp (my normal temp is around 97.5). My head is icky, headache, light-headedness, and feels like its clogged. I've had an off and on runny nose. My throat is sore and red. No energy what so ever.

So, do i call this a cold or seasonal allergies?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

I don't think seasonal allergies give you a fever, kiddo. The hubs never has a fever with his, but I'll let others pipe in on this one.

Maybe you caught a bug of some kind. Sorry.  :( I had one in February. It was not fun, but it passes. 

Soup, rest, water. ((hug)) Hope you feel better soon.

Brandiwine Contributor

I do this every spring I have it now and have for the past three or four days, I run a low grade fever and all the symptoms you listed here. The reason for the fever is the same as any cold ( I also run a low grade fever if I'm glutened) it effects your immune system. I think it its probably allergies, check the pollen levels in your area and look at what is blooming around you, maybe you can pin point which tree or flower is causing you so much trouble. I think for me the fruit trees are to blame.

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

I get a fever with allergies. A head cold screams head cold to me -when I have one there's no doubt (meaning I know it when I feel it and don't question).

I'm never sure if allergies are flu or allergies until I take allergy meds and I improve. Takes 2-3 days, improving each day. Flu would only get worse.

I always get hit at least once each winter with allergies I think is flu - I have cedar/juniper issues and Dec/Jan is when they start up, during flu season.

This is a bad allergy spring. I'm on meds daily. Last year it was every other day.

shadowicewolf Proficient

Whatever it is, it is annoying.

Archived