• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsSubscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to Celiac.com's FREE weekly eNewsletter   What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet What if my doctor won't listen to me? An Open Letter to Skeptical Health Care Practitioners Gluten-Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    queenofcups

• Topics

• Does anyone take this or any fish oil and do you find it helps you in any way? I haven't taken it for a long time and I'm about to experiment with very small amounts. I stopped because all supplements were making me sick. Or is it a lot of hype about how we need omega 3s? Might it help with energy?
    • I keep going back and forth with dairy. I can't do cow's milk products at all but has anyone who doesn't do well with cow's milk products been able to eat small amounts of goat or sheep milk cheese? I just really need more fat, I'm struggling energy wise. I was thinking of experimenting with small amounts maybe once or twice a week. I want to avoid nuts for the moment, I'm having issues. I also need more vitamin D. I'm taking a supplement but I can't take much or it makes me feel sick. I'm eating more types of vegetables than before and actually had some salmon last night without any really horrid reaction. (I couldn't eat salmon 6 months ago). Would raw goats milk cheese give me any extra benefit to not eating it? I can think of D and fat.  Does cheese help with your teeth at all? Thanks
    • Some people, like me, never get a positive on the TTG (even on follow-up Testing) and I stated that some celiacs (10%) have negative tests results period.   Your doctor is doing the colonoscopy.  Ask him if he is going into the small intestine via that route.    
    • Yep.  Initially I had the full panel.  DGP was the only positive and it's the only one my doctor orders now.
    • Well I wish mine was dia. earlier, I got all kinds of other food issues, and other auto immune disease that came up as complications. If you deal with and change over now you can prevent a even more limited diet. I was running a bucket list thinking I was going to die before my dia. I had slight symptoms most of my life but just thought they were normal. It really hit hard in my early 20s.
      Now due to damage, I am allergic to corn, intolerant to dairy, yeast, soy allergic to peanuts, whole list check my about me on my profile. I also got another AI issues that prevents me from eating sugar, fruits, carbs, grains. AND to top it off some kind of enzyme issue that prevents me from digesting meats

THERE are TONS of gluten free options if you change now before you get other issues. ALL those foods you love.....they are still on the menu you just got to change brands I will post the list for you to check out and see. I need to update it with more foods, brands, and even some good rated gluten-free beer I found not made with gluten grains. Not going to judge you drinking before 21 >.> but here are some Future options for you to buy when you get older, it is not that limiting, again just a different brand.
      https://austineastciders.com/
      ^Local cider here in Texas, I keep these for guest, good alternative to the "Beer Can Chicken"
      http://www.acecider.com/
      ^Suggested by someone else I was talking to
      Other members suggested these in the past
      New Planet Off the Grid Pale Ale
      Dogfish Head Tweason’Ale
      Bard’s Tale Dragon’s Gold Brown Ale
      Redbridge Red Lager
      Vodka...Check out tito vodka, ciroc, and a few others they are non grain made, RUM is awesome I cook with it Love admiral nelson, but bacardi works in a pinch >.> I bleed internally due to other issues also now so I can not drink alcohol. I run a gluten free bakery, and I do chef work for side jobs. I even started making ketogenic breads, and meals so I can eat like a normal person with different ingredients.

OH and check out hte newbie 101 section for dealing with CC, and cleaning out your kitchen. https://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/119661-gluten-free-food-alternative-list-2017/

• Upcoming Events