• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Anti-Candida Diet - Seeds Vs. Grains

6 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

Just starting to work on my candida issues and it looks like just taking some plain old Candex is not gonna do it and I need to make some dietary changes as well.

I am just learning about the Candida diet, and how grains are a no no because of their starches but seeds are okay. Can someone please explain to me how this works? I mean as far as I know, seeds also have starches in them...so how come starch in the grains are not good for candida over-growth people but seeds are okay??

Thank you so much,

God Bless.

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Hi Ray!

I know a great deal about food...but can't answer your question off the top of my head...maybe try a different internet site or google your question.

Take care :)

ps...i can't do grains or seeds so i am probably not a reliable source ;)

Hi Everyone,

Just starting to work on my candida issues and it looks like just taking some plain old Candex is not gonna do it and I need to make some dietary changes as well.

I am just learning about the Candida diet, and how grains are a no no because of their starches but seeds are okay. Can someone please explain to me how this works? I mean as far as I know, seeds also have starches in them...so how come starch in the grains are not good for candida over-growth people but seeds are okay??

Thank you so much,

God Bless.

If you have candida issues, you probably need some serious systemic prescription strength anti-fungals (e.g. Diflucan).  The candida diet requires that you eliminate or minimize sugars/starches and that includes even fruit.  All meats/fish must be fresh and not processed.  You should be eating veggies morning, noon and night!  I was able to stick to this regime for about a month (while on a four day rotational diet).  I was so hungry that I started to include some squashes and sweet potatoes.  Eventually, I added some whole grains back into my diet as I began to feel better.  I only ate one piece of fruit a week as a treat. 

Please try to find a medical doctor who can help you through this process.   Drugs, diet and probotics are required for a full recovery. 

(Just my opinion and I’m not a doctor!)

P.S.  What were your symptoms and what might have caused your candida issues?  Seeds?  Eat them in moderation after the first month.

Wen you were diagnosed with this, what did the doctor say? Just ask around? :(. Seriously, like cycling lady said, take you meds and find a good website or book or a pamphlet from your docotor that describes how you should eat.

Ads by Google:

Diflucan is not very effective against Candida any more,  it's also a heavy duty drug that makes you feel BAD. I'd suggest you take amphotericin B instead because it's more effective.

The immune system disease I have "Kimura's" is in theory (and I agree) caused by excessive immune system stimulation by candida even a tiny sub-clinical amount while you have a damaged gut is enough. I'm down to diet and heavy exercise as the best things to help keep it's levels down.  Probiotics work and work well BUT don't take any yoghurt that's made with streptococcus thermophilus as this can be a very immune system stimulating in a bad way bacteria in weakened guts. Better to make your own yoghurt without that one, it's in a lot of commercial greek style yoghurts.