This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gi And Allergist Appointments- Suggestions?

wmramsel

wmramsel Explorer

We have an allergist appointment on June 3 and a GI appointment on June 11 for my daughter.

What are your suggestions?  Things you wish you would have asked, things to make sure to ask, things to look out for...etc.  I don't want to miss anything! 

TIA!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MommaBecker Newbie

We have an allergist appointment on June 3 and a GI appointment on June 11 for my daughter.

What are your suggestions?  Things you wish you would have asked, things to make sure to ask, things to look out for...etc.  I don't want to miss anything! 

TIA!

I highly suggest that you have the normal allergy panel done along with testing all the gluten culprits. This means not just wheat but barley, rye, and others. Make sure you have those results when you go to the GI. They will most likely pass your child off as having allergies. We had to have our testing redone 3x before the believed that our son was not allergic to wheat. It is worth keeping a file with all the lab copies to take to appointments with you. I also keep a journal that i log all appointments, conversations and results into so I don't miss anything when answering doctor's questions. 

MommaBecker Newbie

Since my son is a baby, it is easy to take poop photos too. While not the most amazing photography collection in the world, the slide show with information about what our son ate prior does seem to help the doctors. 

StephanieL Enthusiast

I highly suggest that you have the normal allergy panel done along with testing all the gluten culprits. 

This is a repeat thread but as I stated in her other thread testing without having seen a prior reaction is not how allergists should be testing.  Because of the high false positives in testing, it could limit a kids diet unnecessarily.

wmramsel Explorer

This is a repeat thread but as I stated in her other thread testing without having seen a prior reaction is not how allergists should be testing.  Because of the high false positives in testing, it could limit a kids diet unnecessarily.

I have no idea why this posted twice, I tried to delete the second one and couldn't figure it out.  For whatever reason this website works only sporadically at my home and this is the first I've been able to get it to work.

We have seen prior reactions- ended up in the ER.

Archived