This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Going To Request More Tests....

taynichaf

notme Experienced

Little vent-My Mom is another story.  She tries to be helpful, except I've asked if she cannot loudly proclaim in the grocery store, "Do you see any of your gluten foods?"   I bite my tongue because I want to say, yes I see PLENTY of gluten foods, but I need gluten-free.  Do you think next time we're near the diet coke, I should loudly exclaim, "Do you see any of your aspartame beverages?"  end rant

LOL *snort* 'aspartame beverages'  that is too funny - i'm going to do that to my mother-in-law!  she is constantly trying to feed me cupcakes - i don't know if she is just dumb or what her deal is - but she does love the aspartame beverages.  ima hafta tell her sugar is the same thing don't worry about it hahaha - thanks for the chuckle :)

tinychef - settle down, now.  everything's gonna be alll right.  my son is a diabetic so let me tell you this:  it's hard to figure out what combination of things are going to make you feel better!  when he was first diagnosed his sugar was all over the place so we had to figure out how to feed him, whether his background worked better for him taking it in the morning or at night, should he have a bedtime snack, blah, blah, blah - it took awhile but he is doing well with it.  it's all a learning experience - you can have a million tests and still be paralyzed with no hard and fast answer.  but, yes, get your stuff together and ms. karen will help you sort it out.  we're all here for you. now, go wash your face, put on your big girl pants and let me see that smile.  yeah, that one  ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

And don't forget to clean your bathroom!

( maybe I should aim that comment about 6 foot high at my house?)

If you have all your Celiac lab work reports....post what you have. Give the "ref. ranges" and the answers. If it looks completely odd, message me. Maybe I can help you figure out what to post. If we need to, you can cover your name, address, hospital, etc and scan them and email them to me. Then I can explain what the ranges are or tell you the stupid doc didn't give you what you thought you had! Cause.....that never happens ( said sarcastically).

taynichaf Contributor

And maybe a few loads of laundry and clean your bathroom? :)

Hahahahahhaha! I actually do need to do my laundry... bad! Ha, i'll do that too:)

taynichaf Contributor

And don't forget to clean your bathroom!

( maybe I should aim that comment about 6 foot high at my house?)

If you have all your Celiac lab work reports....post what you have. Give the "ref. ranges" and the answers. If it looks completely odd, message me. Maybe I can help you figure out what to post. If we need to, you can cover your name, address, hospital, etc and scan them and email them to me. Then I can explain what the ranges are or tell you the stupid doc didn't give you what you thought you had! Cause.....that never happens ( said sarcastically).

I just got more blood work friday... So I should get the results by this coming friday, and then i'll post! The doctor also did other tests. She did one to check for iron deficiency anemia... So if that says im anemic again, I think I can tie that back to eating gluten again(last time I got tested ai was gluten light/free for awhile and it came back borderline, but normal) But I will deffinatly talk through it all with you, thanks.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Nicole K
    Newest Member
    Nicole K
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• cristiana
      Hi @trents Just seen this - Boot's is a chain of pharmacies in the UK, originally founded in the 19th Century by a chap with the surname, Boot.  It's a household name here in the UK and if you say you are going to Boot's everyone knows you are off to the pharmacist! Cristiana
    • Denise I
      I am looking to find a Celiac Dietician who is affiliated with the Celiac Disease Foundation who I can set up an appointment with.  Can you possibly give some guidance on this?  Thank you!
    • Posterboy
      Nacina, Knitty Kitty has given you good advice. But I would say/add find a Fat Soluble B-1 like Benfotiamine for best results.  The kind found in most Multivitamins have a very low absorption rate. This article shows how taking a Fat Soluble B-1 can effectively help absorption by 6x to7x times. https://www.naturalmedicinejournal.com/journal/thiamine-deficiency-and-diabetic-polyneuropathy quoting from the article.... "The group ingesting benfotiamine had maximum plasma thiamine levels that were 6.7 times higher than the group ingesting thiamine mononitrate.32" Also, frequency is much more important than amount when it comes to B-Vitamin. These are best taken with meals because they provide the fat for better absorption. You will know your B-Vitamin is working properly when your urine becomes bright yellow all the time. This may take two or three months to achieve this.......maybe even longer depending on how low he/you are. The Yellow color is from excess Riboflavin bypassing the Kidneys....... Don't stop them until when 2x a day with meals they start producing a bright yellow urine with in 2 or 3 hours after the ingesting the B-Complex...... You will be able to see the color of your urine change as the hours go by and bounce back up after you take them in the evening. When this happens quickly......you are now bypassing all the Riboflavin that is in the supplement. The body won't absorb more than it needs! This can be taken as a "proxy" for your other B-Vitamin levels (if taken a B-Complex) ...... at least at a quick and dirty level......this will only be so for the B-1 Thiamine levels if you are taking the Fat Soluble forms with the Magnesium as Knitty Kitty mentioned. Magnesium is a Co-Factor is a Co-factor for both Thiamine and Vitamin D and your sons levels won't improve unless he also takes Magnesium with his Thiamine and B-Complex. You will notice his energy levels really pick up.  His sleeping will improve and his muscle cramps will get better from the Magnesium! Here is nice blog post that can help you Thiamine and it's many benefits. I hope this is helpful but it is not medical advice God speed on your son's continued journey I used to be him. There is hope! 2 Tim 2:7 “Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things” this included. Posterboy by the grace of God,  
    • trents
      I'll answer your second question first. The single best antibody test for monitoring celiac blood antibody levels is the tTG-IGA and it is very cost effective. For this reason, it is the most popular and often the only test ordered by physicians when checking for celiac disease. There are some people who actually do have celiac disease who will score negatives on this test anyway because of anomalies in their immune system but your wife is not one of them. So for her, the tTG-IGA should be sufficient. It is highly sensitive and highly specific for celiac disease. If your wife gets serious about eating gluten free and stays on a gluten free diet for the duration, she should experience healing in her villous lining, normalization in her antibody numbers and avoid reaching a celiac health crisis tipping point. I am attaching an article that will provide guidance for getting serious about gluten free living. It really is an advantage if all wheat products are taken out of the house and other household members adopt gluten free eating in order to avoid cross contamination and mistakes.  
    • Anmol
      Thanks this is helpful. Couple of follow -ups- that critical point till it stays silent is age dependent or dependent on continuing to eat gluten. In other words if she is on gluten-free diet can she stay on silent celiac disease forever?    what are the most cost effective yet efficient test to track the inflammation/antibodies and see if gluten-free is working .