This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

gluten-free Goldfish Crackers!

kareng

kareng Grand Master

Open Original Shared Link

I have not tried these or seen them, except my friend posted a pic on FB of her bag & the words on the side that say gluten-free. It appears Pepperidge Farms is making Bake Goldfish Puffs in 3 flavors and they are gluten-free. This is the same friend who told me about the Glutino poptarts so her taste udis have a good track record.

I couldn't find any info on the P farms website so I have no idea of the ingredients or manufacturing practices or GMOs or if they are made from real goldfish!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

Vans makes a cheesy gluten-free cracker that tastes like cheez-it's/goldfish. My whole house eats them. Can't keep them in the pantry.

kareng Grand Master

I love those Vans ones!

Adalaide Mentor

GAH!!! I've been calling local stores and NO ONE HAS ANY! But one guy told me he was going to try to get some and will call me back.

Ok, so should I be eating these? Probably not. I don't even know what is in them besides cheese which doesn't agree with me probably. But... omg goldfish! I'm like a 5 year old suddenly. :ph34r:

Brandiwine Contributor

Ooooooh! Goldfish! My son will be so excited! :) thanks for sharing! I haven't seen the Van's I'll to look for those too!

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

I found the Vans at Safeway. Was at Whole Foods today and didn't look...if I'd known about the goldfish I would have. Didn't fond anything gluten-free at Target (was looking for goldfish).

CommonTater Contributor

We searched for the gluten free goldfish today, nobody in our town carries it BUT the lady in the deli said her sister in law told her they also make a gluten free cookie now. I came home and looked online, can't find evidence of that. I called and the guy I spoke to said the goldfish haven't been offically released yet and he had no idea about the cookie.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kareng Grand Master

I found the goldfish today at Target.  Apparently, they are being released this week or next "Officially".

They are tasty but I like the Van's better.  These do not have the same crisp texture that a real goldfish cracker has.  They aren't quite like a cheese curl puffed.  Maybe I can best compare the texture to a vanilla wafer?  Kind of dense.  They are bigger than the standard goldfish so a kid might like that his are bigger than the other kid's.

Ingredients are :Corn and more corn, whey & milk parts, canola, cheeses and other stuff not always found in nature.  Do not see any soy or nut.

Also bought the Buffalo flavor but haven't opened them yet.

Brandiwine Contributor

What flavors do they offer besides Bufflo? Weren't there three?

kareng Grand Master

What flavors do they offer besides Bufflo? Weren't there three?

I tried the plain cheese.  And there is Buffalo and Bacon and cheese. 

Brandiwine Contributor

Bacon and cheese?! That doesn't sound good to me at all!!!

At least they have plain cheese! My son will be excited!

IrishHeart Veteran

Bacon and cheese sounds like heaven to me :lol:

You do not like grilled cheese and bacon, Brandi?

er....oops, just read your sig line, sorry.....my bad.  :ph34r: forgive me.

Adalaide Mentor

Bacon bacon bacon bacon.... lalalalala is it next week yet? Is it inappropriate for me to call stores every day until they have them?

IrishHeart Veteran

Bacon bacon bacon bacon.... lalalalala is it next week yet? Is it inappropriate for me to call stores every day until they have them?

maybe.... but since when do you let something silly like that stop you? :) let me know what they say!

kareng Grand Master

Do you have a Target?  Someone told me that the Targets are supposed all have them out on the shelves by Saturday.  Ours had them out today.

powerofpositivethinking Community Regular

saw this on my facebook feed this morning:

mamaw Community Regular

Van's cheese  ones  are  WAY better......

CommonTater Contributor

I've never had Van's 'but they look like some gluten free crackers I bought at Sam's' that had a slimy feel in my mouth. :wacko: I've been desperate to find a good cheese cracker. We tried making some (recipe from Nicole Hunn) BUT they only last a couple of days and there is no way i can eat all that before they get soft and yucky.

If the puffed goldfish taste like Cheeto's....I'll pass.

kareng Grand Master

I've never had Van's 'but they look like some gluten free crackers I bought at Sam's' that had a slimy feel in my mouth. :wacko: I've been desperate to find a good cheese cracker. We tried making some (recipe from Nicole Hunn) BUT they only last a couple of days and there is no way i can eat all that before they get soft and yucky.

If the puffed goldfish taste like Cheeto's....I'll pass.

Probably more Cheeto than cracker.  You might like the Van's but they have gluten-free oats in them.  So, people new to the gluten-free diet shouldn't eat them for a 6 months to a year (depends on who you ask on that)

Adalaide Mentor

So, I finally got someone on the phone at Target who has a clue. (Yeah, I've been harassing them. So?) He says that the delivery is coming in overnight tonight and they are also setting up the display overnight tonight and that they'll have the fish in the morning when the store opens right by the doors. I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning. :D

IrishHeart Veteran

....I have this image of you with your nose pressed up against the front door glass come 6 am....

Adalaide Mentor

I would... if I did 6 am! I'm more of a 9 am kind of person though. I'm pretty sure they won't sell out in 3 or 4 hours on a Monday morning so I have time to roll lazily out of bed and mosey on down there. I'll probably only buy them once to be sure I like them and then know I have something I can use as a day snack when I spend whole days up in the city. Probably too many ingredients for my liking to eat more than very occasionally.

kareng Grand Master

I didn't like the buffalo flavor at all! Maybe I don't like buffalo flavor. I never really had anything except chicken with it. The plain cheese was very cheesy and I rather liked them. I'm giving my Buffalo flavor to my son's friend. He can save his $3 and see if he likes them.

Archived