• Ads by Google:

Get email alerts Celiac.com E-Newsletter

Ads by Google:

Get email alertsCeliac.com E-Newsletter

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Panera Bread

7 posts in this topic

Tuesday I went to Panera. I got the Morrocian soup and the classic cafe salad. Both are gluten-free and I eat there frequently. At the bottom of the cup, I saw pieces of pasta! In the salad, there was a huge cruton. I have had stomach pain, fatigue, and horrible gas. I guess whoever was completing my order by accident put some of the the Vegetarian soup in first. It is time for me to stop eating out and start cooking more. :( It is too much of a risk.

Traci

Ads by Google:
Ads by Google:

Prior to being diagnosed as Celiac I use to eat there and I loved their food, but now any place with the word "bread" in their name... just isn't for me, too much change of cross contamination. I hope you feel better soon!

Susan

yikes...yeah, i wouldn't eat there anymore either. any type of bakery place i won't eat at now... ambient flour, crumbs etc...

Speaking of Panera Bread - during my colon test last week, right before drifting off to neverland, some woman came into the room and sat down at a computer monitor. I couldn't see her but she mentioned something about eating bagels. I had hunger pains from being on the liquid diet the day before so I said 'please be quiet, I'm starving. Everyone laughed and someone said 'sorry we thought you were already out'. So when I came too and my husband came into the recovery cubicle (it's not a room as they call it) I told him I wanted to go straight to Panera for a cinnacrunch bagel. It is the best bagel in the world and it was on my list of foods to have now in case I can't have them ever again soon. I savored every delectable bite! But I know if I have to go gluten-free there is no way I could even walk into Panera again. The smell alone would make me depressed. :(

Tiffany M.

Does anyone know if Panera's coffee drinks are gluten-free???

Ads by Google:

I used to just love their food, but now I can't bring myself to eat there because of the risk of contamination. I'm too scared to try it.

Does anyone know if Panera's coffee drinks are gluten-free???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've had them without side effects that I can remember.