This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten Free Epsom Salts?

AngieJoy

kareng Grand Master

Calm down people. :o

This should be a simple question.  Food safe sea salt and Magnesium Sulfate,  sea salt is in the spice section (I trust McCormick brand) and Magnesium Sulfate can be found in the vitamin section (not sure of a first choice brand to suggest).  I would not look in the bubble bath area for this use of the products.

The first rule for Celiacs is to verify that something is gluten free. :D

Yes.  And the poster that brought this thread back wasn't going to eat them like the first poster was.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mommida Enthusiast

I was just looking up information about "the salt cleanse", it seems to be very popular.  It definitely has it's warnings, and there is a toxic level of Magnesium Sulfate for humans (which part of the early toxicity level is what flushes the colon as I understand it).

Not a doctor, not even playing a doctor on-line today.  Every Epsom salt package I have at my home says for external use only (they are all jazzed up with bath time scents like chamomile).

Learn something new everyday ~ Some people are eating Epsom Salts.  I'll stand by my advice, go to food safe areas of the grocery store if you are planning on consuming.  You will have a more accurate dosage amount.  I just want to add that that sea salt needs to be non added iodine.  Apparently the iodine would be more likely to make the person vomit, above the normal likelihood.

SMRI Collaborator

Calm down people. :o

This should be a simple question.  Food safe sea salt and Magnesium Sulfate,  sea salt is in the spice section (I trust McCormick brand) and Magnesium Sulfate can be found in the vitamin section (not sure of a first choice brand to suggest).  I would not look in the bubble bath area for this use of the products.

The first rule for Celiacs is to verify that something is gluten free. :D

Right, but this is like asking if bananas are gluten-free....

notme Experienced

Right, but this is like asking if bananas are gluten-free....

which, i'm sure someone has at one point or another on this forum.  what's your point.

SMRI Collaborator

which, i'm sure someone has at one point or another on this forum.  what's your point.

Point is that the question was asked and answered and the OP kept trying to dismiss the answers....

GF Lover Rising Star

Who are we to decide which and whose answers the OP will dismiss or embrace?  If I was gonna chow down on some epsom salts I also might consider their possible CC issues since it is a processed product.  If I am going to bathe in them and since they are inherantly gluten free then I would jump in.  All we can do on this forum is offer advice.  There is no need to argue any point as it is ultimately up to the OP to make their final decision.

Colleen

Archived