This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Celiac Weight Loss Group?

beelzebubble

beelzebubble Contributor

with all of the food issues we have, joining something like weight watchers isn't always an option. i was wondering if anyone would be interested in being part of an online celiac weight loss group? we could share diets/recipes, talk about frustrations, and encourage each other.

what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

plantime Contributor

Excellent idea!! Count me in! I have been using Weight Watchers, but it just doen't meet my dietary needs. Everyone recommends whole wheat things, and just don't understand when I say I can't have them. Our breads and pastas are so much higher in calories than wheat, so it is easy for me to get fatter than I am!

Kim Explorer

I'd be interested.

plantime Contributor

Can we start a thread that is just weight loss and accountability? One with just tips and menus and weigh-ins? I would want to include tape measure results, because I lose inches before I lose pounds! Maybe even just keep it on this thread, and anyone interested can post to it.

wildones Apprentice

I would be interested

Lorraine

plantime Contributor

OK, yesterday I blew it. I think my Honeycombs have a cross-contamination issue. I could feel the reaction less than an hour after eating them. I can eat plain oatmeal without a problem, so I know it's not the oats in it.

I also just plain ate too much Easter candy!

breakfast: 1 bowl Honeycomb cereal, 3/4 c whole milk

lunch: grilled beefsteak, french fries (homemade), pear

dinner: hamburger patty w/veggies on top

snack: 1 whole box chocolate cherries, 1 caramel egg

bedtime: an apple

The daytime snacks got me. I will have to do better today! :rolleyes:

beelzebubble Contributor

i think the best place to start would be to chat about what kinds of diets we're on and what has worked for us in the past. what do you think?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

plantime Contributor

I cannot have gluten, eggs, poultry, strawberries, anything from the peach family, and tree nuts. I am so happy to be able to have dairy!

Monday:

breakfast and lunch: lean beef steak and fries

dinner: lean beef steak, mahed potatoes, peas

snacks: apple, cheese cubes, potato chips

I was at a church function serving snacks, and the only thing I could have was potato chips and cheese cubes. I looked at all of the homemade goodies the other ladies had brought, and thought how the misery was just worth even one taste. I will just have to make sure that I take something that I can have, so I joined the fellowship committee. It is my responsibility to take care of myself!

plantime Contributor

So much for spelling! That is "mashed potatoes" and "the misery was just NOT worth even one taste". One of these days, I might be perfect....NNOTTT!! :D

Archived