This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gf Products Guide

debmidge

debmidge Rising Star

If anyone has experience with these items please let me know your opinion

Which is best for the money?

1) Celiac Sprue Assoc Annual Product Guide notebook

or

2) Clan Thompson's internet product guide

??

Thanks

D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

terri Contributor

I have seen them both. One is a 3 ring binder that is heavy and must be replaced each year as products change suppliers, the other is a lightweight palm program that is constantly checked and rechecked and updated and fits in your purse when you go grocery shopping. I have the palm. It's great! It even includes some restaurants and safe choices to order. I take it everywhere. It's money well spent. :)

ILOVEOMC Enthusiast

Are both of these products for those living in the USA?

debmidge Rising Star

Isn't the Clan Thompson guide updated either monthly or quarterly? I don't have a Palm Pilot, so I'd have to utilize it in my home computer.

jenvan Collaborator

i love the clan thompson. it is updated a few times a year. i do use it in my palm and it has helped me out in the store many times. having it at home on the pc would work well too--you could just look up specific things before you went shopping.

domineske Apprentice

Have you also seen the Delphi list? (Open Original Shared Link)

Besides the book vs. palm issue, the CSA Product Guide seems to me to be very conservative. There are quite a few items that are listed in the Delphi list or the Clan Thompson list which are not listed in the CSA list. I believe the CSA organization is very strict about cross-contamination and will always err on the side of excluding a product. (For example, neither Cocoa or Fruity Pebbles is listed although it seems a lot of people with Celiac eat them.)

terri Contributor

The Clan Thompson is for the states only, not Canada. Sorry!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

I would go with Delphi first, hands down, even if it cost something. It's the best list I've found. If you're going to buy one of those two, though, I'd probably go with the Clan Thompson (#2).

Lisa Mentor

I have the CSA Product book and it is great for starters. I reference it when I go to the grocery store. It helps me memorize brand names and I usually buy two of each that I know is safe ....it helps me imprint my brain.

I have dropped some hints about a palm pilot for my upcomming birthday (along with it I want a personal technician to show me how to work it). I will get some help to down load the Delfi List.

I will be 51 shortly and I still remember when TV was black and white....a palm pilot would be from another world. :). Isn't it odd that 51 does not seem so old, but black and white TV REALLY does. Wow, maybe I AM REALLY old.

Lisa B.

Archived